WineSmith Cellars Mix (3)

I apologize profusely for this back-to-back abuse of your fiscal intentions. I will endeavor in the future to make less interesting wines and offer them less frequently. I fear, however, that I too am all too caught up in the web of wootery, just another helpless pawn in the game of geekish indulgence.

Oh, me. Maybe just one more…

Sir, you leave me no alternative. You will be hearing from my attorneys!

ps Woot, I think your buyer counter is broken!
Edit: Oh, there I be!

Oh yes.

For the Faux Chablis:
1 Arioso 2:49 Classics for the Soul Johann Sebastian Bach
2 Symphony No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 36: IV. Finale - Allegro c… 9:07 Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4 & Romeo and Juliet Overt… Chicago Symphony Orchestra & Daniel Barenboim
3 7 Eine Kleine Nachtmuzik 5:51 Mozart
4 Romanza 3:02 Romanza Ruben Romero
5 Intro 2:08 xx (Bonus Track Version) The xx
6 You’ve Got the Love 2:49 Lungs Florence + The Machine
7 Jeru 2:32 The Best of Gerry Mulligan Quartet with Chet Baker Gerry Mulligan Quartet
8 100,000 Fireflies 3:20 The Wayward Bus / Distant Plastic Trees The Magnetic Fields

For Second Fiddle Pinot Noir:
1 Morgen 3:46 Classics for the Soul Richard Strauss
2 Boléro 7:34 Ravel’s Greatest Hit - The Ultimate Bolero Arthur Fiedler & Boston Pops Orchestra
3 The Planets, Op. 32: II. Venus, the Bringer of Peace 8:21 Holst: The Planets London Symphony Orchestra & Sir Colin Davis
4 I Saw the Bright Shinies 3:58 Hello, Avalanche The Octopus Project
5 I’ll Roll With You 3:33 Roll With You Eli “Paperboy” Reed And The True Loves
6 Love Theme from Superman 5:06 Superman: The Movie (Soundtrack from the Motion Pict… The London Symphony Orchestra

For the Cabernet Franc:
1 Faithless Angel 6:30 Ram Hatley
2 Romanza 3:02 Romanza Ruben Romero
3 Gin and Juice 3:31 Doggystyle Snoop Dogg & Dat Nigga Daz
4 Earth Died Screaming 3:38 Bone Machine Tom Waits
5 Fire and Rain 3:22 James Taylor: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 James Taylor
6 Weekend In L.A. (Live) 7:28 Weekend In LA George Benson
7 Down By the Water 3:42 Down By the Water - Single The Decemberists
8 Winds of Change 2:14 Themes Of Passion Ben Tavera King
9 Roxanne 3:11 The Police (Remastered) The Police
10 Jungleland 9:33 Born to Run - 30th Anniversary Edition Bruce Springsteen
11 Jersey Girl 5:12 Heartattack and Vine Tom Waits
12 Fire Down Below - Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band T… 4:26 Fire Down Below - Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band T… The Original Masters

Faithless Angel is a piece by my old friend and former Sales Manager. I don’t know if he has recorded it professionally, but look for it.

A tip: Once you find a really good match, plug it into iTunes Genius and try those suggested pairings. You’ll find you’ll raise our hit rate substantially.

Most of the time, pieces you find that match a particular wine, they will clash with wines of a different genre. Riesling music is usually not very good with Cabernet Sauvignon, for example. We call these “exclusionary” matches.

But if you study carefully and look long enough, and if a winemaker’s aesthetic is reflected consistently in all her wines, then you can find “inclusionary” pieces that match that emotional motif and enhance every wine she makes.

So here is the Mother Lode; the WineSmith Inclusionary Anthem playlist:
1 Adagio for Strings 9:56 Barber’s Adagio and other Romantic Favorites for Strings Leonard Bernstein & New York Philharmonic
2 Appalachian Spring (Ballet for Martha) 26:47 Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue, Copland: Appalachian Spri… Leonard Bernstein & Los Angeles Philharmonic
3 Allegria 2:53 Gipsy Kings Live Gipsy Kings
4 Romanza 3:02 Romanza Ruben Romero
5 Rhapsody in Blue 17:11 Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue, Leonard Bernstein & Los Angeles Philharmonic
6 He Stopped Loving Her Today 3:17 16 Biggest Hits: George Jones George Jones

Try opening u the whole three-pack with some friends and observe how these pieces show you different aspects of these wines, like holding precious stones up to the light and turning them.

If you consider these anthems as a group, you can see that my wines carry drama, pathos and a little sadness.

Thanks for mentioning Mike Faulk, my strong right arm and the lovely lion of WineSmith. I could never do what I do without his support. He has been particularly resourceful for would-be wooters from unwootable States.

Be looking for his Engracia wines - wonderful Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Bdx blends in tiny quantities.

Had the pleasure of finally meeting Mike while on the RPM tour. Looking forward to trying his Engracia wines. In the meantime, stocking up on some more Second Fiddle, Cab Franc and Faux Chablis!

Hello All, I’m finally able to do a quick check in. We are right smack dab, full blown harvest right now. My hands are stained purple, every muscle in my body aches, and I miss my girlfriend, but I’m not complaining. In fact, I love this time of year!!!

Anyway, Yes- anyone in unwootable sates interested in any of the deals from yesterday or today, call me at 954-295-8944 or email me at mike.winesmith@gmail.com

PS. Engracia Wines should be bottled around March or April of 2015. Feel free to check out our website at www.engraciawines.com for more info.

Clark’s wines are always interesting and very much worth drinking. I have enjoyed all of these.

In all your spare time, we’d love to hear your impression of this years vintage. :wink:

In for 1. I wish I could have gone in on yesterday’s offer as well. Clark and Mike, thank you for all your yummy wines!! Good luck making your goal. Can’t wait to see what you have to offer next… :slight_smile:

His Pinot was delicious. He brought a couple samples to the Tour’s farewell dinner.

Matters this year are rather challenging all over. Europe has sustained very poor weather, and, for example, the Italian crop countrywide is estimated to be down 13%.

Deep and repeated frigid spells last winter have wiped out a considerable portion of the American Midwest and Northeast, with spring frosts, poor set, mildew pressures and summer hail eradicating much else including in Texas and the California’s North Coast, where crops are in the lower areas off by as much as 30%. California’s extreme drought challenges many growers to bring unshriveled crops to the crushing station, and the prospect of smoke damage looms large.

Meanwhile, demand for wine continues to increase. None of this is good news for the consumer. Prices are already up and are likely to climb as shortages mount.

The good news is that the harvest is extremely early, as much as a month, bringing about the possibility of dodging some of these perils. Some meteorologists predict heavy rains from El Niño, much needed but problematic if it comes while grapes remain on the vine. The earliness of the season paradoxically may result in high acidities in some cases, as the fruit has simply not had time to metabolize its malic acid completely.

In general, color and flavor are good, but tannins are low in many cases, so the prospect is for wines that are for early drinking rather than aging.

The WineSmith Winemaker’s Almanac, coming soon? :slight_smile:

Thanks to everybody for participating so helpfully.

I Caved!!

Last Wooter to Woot:
jcassens5

Also, I just came from some wineries in Traverse City, MI. It is true, the vines at lower elevations were injured by the cold weather and snow this last winter. On the bright side, the milder year before actually allowed the wine makers to stock up as the grapes did well(at least Chateau Chantal managed to) and they should be alright.

As always, great commentary Mr. Smith. I always learn so much and it’s greatly appreciated here.

I have received wine before (not from Woot) that was shipped during the summer. The temperature of the wine bottles was 97 degrees F - a result of spending the day in a hot delivery vehicle. Temperatures are supposed to be in the triple digits the next few days and in the 90’s later next week.

What will prevent my wine from overheating?