WineSmith Russian River Pinot Noir (2)

How about one final Crucible woot offer – please, please, please – before wine.woot.com goes away?

I would if I could. Unfortunately for all of us, the larder is nearly bare - two cases remain, and I have jacked the price to a little closer to where if belongs: $275/bottle.

In my defense, I spread an awful lot of it around on this venue at $64.99, so you certainly had every chance.

I can offer you the following solace. Purchase any mixed case winery direct, and we’ll knock off 36%. So buy a bunch of cheap stuff and include one Crucible. If you include in the mix a prior woot deal, you’ll even get free shipping. Call 707-237-7000.

That’s the best Santa Clark can do.

I’ve had at least 5 bottles of this over the past year that have all been spectacular! Opened one tonight and upon first taste, seems to be showing it’s age. Was a little disappointed at first, since I just ordered 4 more bottles, but after opening up for about 15 minutes, fell in love again! Amazingly complex middle and such a full mouth feel that lingers on and on. Looking forward to receiving my remaining bottles! I would say that if you have some of this…now is the best time to enjoy!

i had a bottle a few weeks ago and I thought it was amazing right out of the bottle. It probably is at its peak right now but i dont imagine that it will go downhill fast?

Oops, I did it again! Thanks for adding more Clark, this one’s to split.

Yay

I’ve tried to resist pulling the trigger on this one. But the lesson is, “resistance is futile”.

Last Wooter to Woot:
MarkL

:slight_smile:

It’s not bad advice. I left this in neutral wood for 8 years so that it would fully develop, having learned my lesson on the 2005 Second Fiddle Pinot Noir, which got just three years in barrel and is still on the uphill side of perfection with perhaps a decade to go.

Still as indicated, any elderly Pinot can be expected to open up over minutes or hours to unwind after its long slumber.