Winix 50BT 50-Pint Dehumidifier

If you currently have a dehumidifier, check to see if it was part of a huge recall discussed here. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/dehumidifier-recalls
I had one by Frigidaire, and it started smoking and smelling just before I learned of the recall. They will replace or refund your $$ for a recalled unit!! I haven’t had time to look at these models here, but it’s always prudent to verify they aren’t units that were recalled. Be safe!

Many thanks for the link! I knew about the recall, but put it on the backburner…now I don’t want to get burned! I have bought three dehumidifiers in the past five years that were made in China. Two of them stopped working after two years. I’m now using an old style one from Kenmore…hasn’t frozen up yet, but at least it is working. I don’t know anything about this brand, but have been increasingly frustrated at the quality of the workmanship of the current batch.

The Winix 50BT is not one of the products on the recall list.

I bought this a few months back and so far I am very happy with the purchase. Easy setup and it has made my basement bearable to spend time in. Very quiet. Drains via a hose. All works well.

Would you say this one puts off a lot of heat? The current dehumidifier I have (don’t know brand) makes the room really warm and I’m trying to avoid that!