Winix C545 4 Stage Wifi Air Purifier

Winix C545 4 Stage Wifi Air Purifier

Does a Wifi Air Purifier purify the wifi out of the air? Can I get a 5G Air Purifier?

7 Likes

Can the filters for the C535 be used on this model?

1 Like

Got 2 of these a few weeks ago on woot. I like them. Versatile, app works well, seems to do the job. Recommend.

3 Likes

no

you need the S filter if I recall correctly.
I picked up two filter sets (1 filter, 4 carbon pre-filter) at Costco. I checked, not being carried right now

Good overall product, app works, have setup for voice control or schedules
Plasma-wave can be turned off.

I was just about to pull the plug on this Woot - definitely great price - but a small amount of research led me to the fact that you can’t buy replacement filters for these ANYWHERE! Someone mentioned they take S-size filters, which is true - just lots o’ luck finding them , and especially finding them at a decent price. They’re smaller than other Winix filters, which are readily available. This item will, unfortunately, price itself out of the running by costing you more in filters than you saved at this bargain price.

9 Likes

Probably does the opposite, probably contributes more electro smog. Probably pointless to ask since apparently you can’t get any replacement filters for this unit, but can you turn off the Wi-Fi completely on it?

1 Like

No

If it helps anyone, this price is way better than the best sale I’ve seen at Costco for the same item.
Currently $130, and sometimes $100.
https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

It does seem to be a bit of a problem finding replacement HEPA filter for this. And manual recommends replacing every 6-12 months. Filter S / SKU : 1712-0096-00. Can’t find that SKU anywhere and Winix websites just says Out of Stock. Probably why the whole unit is priced close to the cost of a couple of filters.

2 Likes

Last time Bissell Air Purifier air400 was on sale here one of you all nice Wooters mentioned going to their website bc of a sale. Well thanks ! Got the air cleaner brand new and cheaper than here. Manf was so helpful and shipped quickly with a new warranty. It pays to check out the manf. Websites. They might have a sale with a better warranty. Manf. Seem to be more helpful if you buy from them. Not that I don’t enjoy buying bargains here too. Carpe Diem !

2 Likes

I found better filters for the C545 at a cheaper price. Select Custom Filters and Merv 13 and select at least 2. The cost is approximately $16 each.

3 Likes

The Costco version comes with an extra filter, which is normally priced at $40-50, so the Costco package is probably a better deal when it’s on sale.

2 Likes

Possibly, the low price justifies buying it if it can run an entire year without a filter replacement. At that point, decide to find/purchase filter replacements, or just go find another deal on Woot!

1 Like

I was interested but learned a lesson after buying the Swiffer air filter only to find that it’s almost impossible to get replacements for their VERY proprietary filters. Thanks for saving me the trouble. Another “disposable device” is not what I need.

3 Likes

No they need the S filter or the H filter which is the exact same. This was told to me by a Winix rep.

The last one I bought from Costco only has one filter but it was $100.

1 Like

Picked up 2 last time.
App connected exactly twice, now wifi never connects.
If you are interested in this for the wifi/app, read some more reviews.

If you think maybe i just dont know how to use it, I am computer engineer, and work with this kind of stuff daily.

2 Likes

I bought this on woot last month (also reconditioned). Set it up, everything was fine.

Two weeks later wifi stopped. App can’t connect. Tried to reset the wifi. The light blinks on it but you cannot find the network to connect to.

Tried emailing woot for support, was told to go to Winix website. Been two weeks, no response from Winix.

Do you “need” wifi for this to work? No. Do I expect it to work? Yes.

Would I buy again? Absolutely not.

4 Likes

Filter S / SKU : 1712-0096-00 This is what you’ll be looking for. Good luck finding them and they will be expensive. I have 2 air purifiers that work fantastic and take the same filter that is easily obtained at a great price from Veva who makes a quality product. You are dealing directly with the factory and their customer service is unmatched… If you ever see a good price on a unit, pop over to Veva and see if they have a filter for it. If not, pass on that purifier. I’m not finding an S filter anywhere and if I have it is expensive.

1 Like