Winix C545 4 Stage Wifi Air Purifier

BTW, we aren’t tempted to search for a wifi-enabled toaster either.

…Thank all that is good! I’m just waiting for a smart hacker to hack our IoT devices to turn them all against us to kill/enslave us all! :upside_down_face:

With high-end appliances having IoT devices, at least, there is hope that the OEM will continue to update/support their software/firmware as needed. Cheaper appliances/products with IoT will not likely get updates and support unless there is a very public understanding of the issue, expectations from the public to address these issues, and a proven history from the OEM that they do provide ongoing technology support.

Of course, the issue is cost. No need to bare the cost of this update-able technology, unless the public demands it, and/or the regulatory agencies require it. A good case-in-point is old Android phones that no longer get security/firmware updates. << a perfect example of a IoT device not getting updates and the RISKS that come with continuing to use them.

2 Likes

Is an $800 purifier best to clean your home's air? We lab tested 5 top brands - YouTube ← Worth watching before making an air purifier purchase.

2 Likes

This is selling for 129 at my Costco. Maybe you caught a sale?

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better! Kudos to you and I take my hat :tophat: off to you! You covered everything for the most part :+1::+1::infinity::monkey::ok_hand::key::tada:

1 Like

I just purchased one for my home. I looked it up and from everything I read this is an outstanding deal. So if you’re ready for cleaner air inside your home then this is the Air Purification system you would want to have. And please be sure to read the review below because everything was completely covered with the great description! Thank Montie & Mortimer for this great deal :ok_hand::balloon::monkey::tada::infinity::gift_heart::tophat:

2 Likes

Yes, we got one Costco unit deal for our bedroom, and so far it’s fine. Huge improvement? Maybe somewhat. We put it on night mode settings so it is very quiet at night and then randomly changes colors at times. We thought about getting more for each room but held off.

The app is okay - we did connect it so I can control it remotely, but it is probably exposing us to untold vulnerabilities when a hacker cracks the code to gain control of it.

This isn’t an awful price if you missed the Costco deal and want to try it out, but the refill kits are kind of pricy.

2 Likes

AFAIK, the unit detects particles in the air, not gases.

2 Likes

Found some today for $25

1 Like

Not Funny! I got the vaccine last month and MY chips are the new 10G models.

2 Likes

Regularly goes on sale at Costco for $100.

1 Like

FWIW… this device comes with 3 charcoal filter so maybe 3, better then one, will do the trick.

Then guess it’s a good idea not to put this in a monkeys cage. They like to throw stuff. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

People don’t realize the simple solution to setting up their own WiFi SSID for IOT devices and lock it down to not much bandwidth, restrict the number of connections AND, block INTRANET access.