Winix HEPA Air Cleaner

I have owned three of these, this or earlier models, over the last 10 years. They work very well indeed - I live in dusty dirty Arizona, and the difference it makes to my bedroom is huge. Without it, my allergies are much, much worse.

It’s also fun to fart near it - the dirty air sensor really does work, and the machine revs right up to max to clean up the stink :smiley:

Thanks to my nephews, I can vouch for this statement. Rather funny.

I have a 5300 which I really like. Thinking of buying two of these 6300s for my living room/dining/kitchen open area. These run over $300 for a new one. Hoping the reconditioned ones are just as good and I can put one on each end of the space.

Oh what the heck. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me. Nobody else is going to buy me this stuff, so I’ll treat myself.

Does this one have a permanent filter or will I have to keep buying new filters? Thanks for chiming in!

The first Wooter in the thread calls out replacing filters regularly.

I also can verify the below statement as true.

It’s also fun to fart near it - the dirty air sensor really does work, and the machine revs right up to max to clean up the stink :smiley:
[/quote]

I received my air cleaners, and they provided the User’s Manual for the Model 5500, not this 6300.

Fortunately, the manual for the 6300 can be downloaded from the Winix website.

(Hopefully, it’s OK to post this link.)

https://www.winixamerica.com/products/wac6300-true-hepa-air-cleaner-with-plasmawave-technology