Wise Company 2 Gallon Wise Fire Bucket White

Will this product work on Mars or in a vacuum if not its completely useless.

What? All these postings and no one has asked the classic “Will it work with my Mac” yet?

My how times have changed.

My guess is this would make a good firestarter for campfires/firepits. Wonder how it would do as a charcoal starter?

Not sure that I would save this for the apocalypse but it could be used as a bulk container of firestarter material given that the stuff burns under about any circumstances. I could see sticking a handful of this in a ziplock bag any time I head on a campout or hiking. You wouldn’t need much. Unfortunately, it looks like it would take 25 years before I’d ever use it all up in this way. Too bad they don’t offer smaller, cheaper quantities.

I would say yes, yes it does: but why?

Smaller cheaper quantities are easily available. For like $5 you can ge like a small wad of 5-12 Firestarter depending on the brand. There’re plenty of reasonable options like wetfire.

This is for folks who expect to light quite a few fires, and can, as someone says, throw a handful in a ziplock, and take some with them. Or (in my case) I plan on keeping this next to my stack of firewood so that lighting up my firepit is quick. I figure a 2-gallon tub of this will last about as long as my half-face cord of firewood. For me, I am comparing this to a box of starterlogg firestarters, which would give me 24 firestarters for like $17 at my local hardware store. Without adding any additional small branches, I usually go through 2 starterlogg firestarters per fire. I’m expecting “a scoop” of this ought to be kind of similar a stock of starterlogg. Eyeballing 2-gallons of this stuff vs. a 24-pack of starterlogg…it’s hard to say which offers better value. But I can almost guarantee you I’ll be running through this whole container by year’s end, so whatever happens, I’ll have figured out which version offers better value eventually.

PaleoHikerMD did a video to try to boil about 3 cups of water using an amount of fuel that fits in a Sucrets™ tin

(what would that be, about 2/3 cup?) … 4 minutes in … not a lot of heat … warmed it up after 20 minutes (hot but no boil). Needed about 25 minutes and a full CUP of the product. This is better for tinder starter-- resistant to wind. He tried it in the Sucrets™ tin again… added a little water (for moisture… and a ferro rod… nope… lighter… nope. BETTER AS DRY TINDER STARTER WITH A LIGHTER. Burns long, even with a breeze.

I like this guy’s video better: Starting a fire using a lemon! Hehe. adding copper and zinc clips to my backpack!

technically, 120 cups = 8 gallons of water.

And next they will be offering the #10 can of dehydrated water.

Come on baby light my fire!

If you have a clothes dryer, save the lint from the trap. It’s free, extremely flammable, and a ziploc bag of the stuff compresses down quite nicely. Also, it’s lightweight, which works for our backpacking family.
Caveat- you will need dry tinder to add to the lint to start a small logpile. Also, lint doesn’t work when wet LOL