Without Porpoise

See, the phrase is “Where there is a will, there is a way”. But here ‘Way’ has been replaced by a picture of a Whale (it’s clever because Whale sounds like Way).

PUN GET!

Porpoise…isn’t that the duck/whale thing? or am I wrong? And not thrilled with the all the whale shirts, they aren’t that impressive.

Yes, that is definitely a sperm whale:

Porpoises are related to whales and dolphins. For your reading pleasure, wiki link.

[QUOTE=eHalcyon, post:12, topic:222542]
I’m a bit rusty with my marine biology. Is that a sperm whale?

[\quote]

It is. Check out them teeth! Sperm whales are the largest toothed animal.

It’s a simple half-rhyme. It’s a rather pointless reach of a pun, and the “hey” is simply foolish.

This shirt reminds me of the time two missiles were turned into a whale and a pot of flowers and they in fell onto the planet of Magrathea.

where there’s a will, there’s a whale?

um, what?

angry narwhals?
psychedelic deers?
willing whales?

My thoughts exactly… briefly considered the shirt, but the “hey!” was the tipping point to “ah… no.”

The joke is based on an interruption of the usual saying “if there’s a will theres a way” but instead the second part is interrupted by someone spotting a whale which kind of sounds like the second part of the saying. Case closed.

So… without porpoise is the title. Sums it up well, Woot!

Shirt Condition: Moby Some-word-Woot-will-surely-filter. Although I have read Moby Little Richard several times, in truth I know this more from the one million times I saw the commercial for that cruddy illustrated classics subscription, while waiting for Thundarr to come back on, back in the '80s.

I can do the whole Farmer Brown and Ducky Goose song too.

Fake edit: “Hi! I’m Farmer Brown!”
“And I’m Ducky Goose!”
“And we’re here to keep you HEALTHY!”
“Fooor vaaaariety and vitamins and feeling rooty-toot, eat a veg a bread a milk a cheese a bean a meat a fruit.”

The whale looks angry. Can whales be angry? Maybe he’s angry someone bought this shirt for him as a gift. You know, that’s not a bad idea…

Since Sperm Whale primarily eat squids (and octopuses and fish) should it be, “Where there are squids, octopuses and fish there is a whale”

I’m just saying…

For some reason this shirt makes a lot of sense to my ADD brain.

You could even go all political if you wanted to by saying that it’s a statement on having the will power to save the whales!

You know… if you wanted to dig that into it… xD

Let’s Think about it…

Where there’s a WILL, HEY! (WILLY) like in FREE WILLY.
There’s a whale.

Maybe?

maybe the whale is hungry…seriously, it looks like it wants to eat me. a straight contradiction in it’s eating habits(i swear i’m not a krill).

Have you seen Pinocchio? The better question is when are whales NOT angry?

What Derek could have done? Something like the splash page to his website. Banana planes kamakazing into ice cream towers. That’s a bit more believable than rhyming way with whale.