Wolfgang Puck 12-Cup Coffee Maker

We tried to make this coffee pot work, even after all the negative comments about it leaking. We got 2 lids (1 was supposed to be a fixed version) and they both leaked an entire pot all over the kitchen counter.

The pot had alot of nice features, but none good enough to put up with the overflow.

Imagine dumping an entire pot of coffee on your counter and the clean up afterward.

We tried every advised trick and nothing worked.

Good luck with this one.

Seems as though this coffee maker is all ‘Pucked up’.

I got this last time it was up - and I’m very happy with it.

The replacement lid has dealt with the alleged leaking problem that older reviews have talked about (woot shipped both the old and the new one, so you have a backup).
usu
The thermal carafe is excellent, and really does keep the coffee hot and fresh-tasting for hours.

I’d advise being a bit careful swinging shut the filter basket - because it locks into the top of the carafe, I would usually put the carafe in first, then shut the basket.

Also - the pouring spout is a bit blunt - combined with the lid-lock pouring button, the pouring action can be a bit splashy. That’s the only issue I have with it.

It holds lots of water (up to 8 mugsful), and brews quickly … so go for it!

possibly the perfect solution to supply the caffeine to allow wooters to stay up all day waiting for the elusive Bag of Carrots.

Have this model from the last time it was on woot. The leaking can occur with either lid but if you’re very careful in placing the carafe JUST right into the machine it won’t happen. Beyond that, it’s a great coffee maker and assuming you have the patience to set it up right each brew, well worth the money.

I have one, it’s a good, not great coffee maker. You MUST put the basket in place before you put the carafe in place. The carafe is stainless steel and keeps coffee hot for a long time. It uses very little electricity, just enough to heat the water, no heating element below the pot to run for hours.

Bought this one a few rounds ago. Super happy with it. Got both lids and the one we used works fine no “leak” problem, yet i guess ;)Beware though, this thing brews up a BLAZING hot cup of coffee and the carafe keeps it hot almost all day! Very good price for quality merch

I got this last time it was up - and I’m very happy with it.

The replacement lid has dealt with the alleged leaking problem that older reviews have talked about (woot shipped both the old and the new one, so you have a backup).
usu
The thermal carafe is excellent, and really does keep the coffee hot and fresh-tasting for hours.

I’d advise being a bit careful swinging shut the filter basket - because it locks into the top of the carafe, I would usually put the carafe in first, then shut the basket.

Also - the pouring spout is a bit blunt - combined with the lid-lock pouring button, the pouring action can be a bit splashy. That’s the only issue I have with it.

It holds lots of water (up to 8 mugsful), and brews quickly … so go for it!

You notice how in every instance you have to do something to make it not leak

All of you, just wait. Enjoy those eventual cleanups of an entire pot of coffee all over your counter, floor, and in between any drawers or appliances you have along the way.

Like I said we tried all of the above advice (we liked this pot features as well).

You may not know when, but one eventual day you will have to start cleaning uo the messes and facing the facts.

What happened to the days when a coffee pot just worked… no wait you have to put the lid on straight…no balance the valve on the pot…no turn the handle to the left…I know what noone else knows…just wait… that day WILL come.

Luckily ours started happening before the 30 day or 60 day or whatever return policy expired.

Will you be as lucky?

Roulette woot purchase. Timer never worked. Pump stopped working after 1 week. Customer service made replacement so complicated the pot went into the trash. The carafe is nice though. I’ll never make a Wolfgang Puck purchase again.

Bought this from woot in March as a Mother’s Day gift for my wife who became a new mom in March. As such she did not open it until Mother’s Day. It worked well (no leaks) for about a month and then it just turned off, never to work again. No power, nothing lights up…doesn’t brew. By then we were a few days outside of warranty period and out of luck. No help from woot or Wolfgang Puck. These things are obviously seriously flawed from the ground up. Save your money.

I received mine yesterday, and the filter basket will not stay shut. It just hangs there crooked and partially open. It does not seem to have anything there for the basket to latch to, so there could very well be something either broken, missing, or just a bad design.

We did not even plug the thing in, as there would be no point, since the water would never make it to the carafe with that basket hanging open.

We are pretty disappointed, as I expected more from the Wolfgang Puck Brand. Guess I should have listened more to the negative reviews posted this time.

I need to know how to return for a refund please.

Hi there! You should contact service@woot.com to explain your situation and see how they can help you out.

Sorry to hear about your coffee maker though. :frowning:

Thank you very much for the contact info.