Wolfgang Puck Grill and Waffle Maker

Look at how shiny it won’t be after you use it a few times; waffle making isn’t pretty.

When the deliver dude just pitches it over your fence, how do you refuse delivery? Toss it back?

Hahaha! I wonder if these are Woot!'s photos.

It would make sense that they didn’t want to use a machine (that they then wouldn’t be able to sell) to make waffles just for a photograph.

I can only guess that if it doesn’t say otherwise, it’s 110-120v/60Hz. That’s standard US house current.

It’s a joke, son. Woot does woot’s own photography.

{I assume, anyway. The style of the photos is consistent and good. As an advertising designer person I can tell you that’s rare.}

Your better off with the Waring Pro, seriously best one I have ever owned, and if/when this one dies, I will be getting the exact same one as a replacement.

I don’t think it’s always, but often.

Well after springing for the Wolfgang Puck Coffee Maker on here a few weeks ago I can guarantee you I will not be buying anything else that says Wolfgang Puck on it. What a piece of junk.

I’ll be staying at a Residence Inn all next week, so I’m sure I’ll consume my annual allotment of flippy waffles.

Your kidding me !! this thing makes Waffles ?
Dayumm…Heck I thought it was either a NEW version of K9 from Doctor Who ۩ …or maybe a companion for him…“Wolfgang Puck”…sounded like a kool name for a Robotic Dog to me…

So there’s really no point for me to ask how these clean up, since the consensus seems to be avoid like the plague…

I was thinking a Dalek low-rider.

But can it make eggs? - YouTube

Someone mentioned the horrible reviews on Amazon, so I thought I would share one as a warning…

“We do not prepare waffles very often, but figured we should spend a little extra and get a good quality unit. Unfortunately, we ignored the many poor reviews all
over the internet regarding this product. We owned it for less than 10 months and used it maybe a dozen times before the electronics completely failed. It no longer turns on or heats up at all. We called the vendor, Frontgate, who did not want to support or help us. We then contacted the manufacturer who said “Sorry, we cannot help you.” It is now a dead weight in the cabinet soon to go to the town dump.”

Multiple reviews echo the above one. Buy at your own risk.

I have owned one of these for two years now. It has worked perfectly with no trouble. The removable plates make it very easy to clean, though they also hinder its ability to distribute heat perfectly. You have to learn how to put the batter in just so to get a perfect waffle. Overall we like it and I am confident buying another so my wife and I can sit down together with a full waffle each.

If you are planning on using one of these units heavily, I’d waffle on this purchase.

A place where I work has a restaurant and tried to get by cheap by using this class of Chinese-made units (with minor cosmetic changes and a variety of names) for their Sunday brunch.

Granted, this is accelerated use compared to most homes, but all units kept failing and literally falling apart until they spent about 3x the money for a “restaurant quality” unit.

Ya gets what ya pay for.

I have that waffle maker and I think you made the right choice. I love mine. It’s built like a tank. It works quickly (2 minutes per waffle) and even the first waffle is perfect - no need for a calibration waffle once you get the right doneness setting (I like 3.5). It’s easy to clean, even without removable grill bits. And you even got a pretty good deal - it’s been hovering around the 80 dollar mark for years.

And for those of you on the fence about rotating waffle irons in the first place: it’s the difference between a restaurant waffle and something you can buy frozen from your local grocery store.

No kidding! I saw my Fed Ex guy yesterday climbing on the downstairs balcony to toss my package onto mine.

And in the morning, I’m making waffles!

I woot on regular basis, but since everyone’s avoiding this one like plague, thought I might throw in another option.

consider this at Kohls:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchen/electrics/wafflemakers/PRD~670921/BELLA+Rotating+Waffle+Maker.jsp

I got it after at sales price 19.99 (which is the current price) and with 30% off using Kohls charge and free shipping, it’s $14. (ebates too!) I’ve used it twice and it has done its job. It’s pretty cheap made, but at this price I’d say it’s better than what i paid for, which is what deals are all about. review is 4 out of 5.

It serve its purpose, which is the occational hot and fresh waffle every once a while.

there’re a 20% non-kohls charge req. code floating around, but no free shipping code yet.

This looks neat, but I’m going to heed all the warnings at Amazon and stay the [delete explitive] away.

I also have a Waring Pro belgian waffle maker and, despite the lack of cool bling, makes kicking waffles. If you have the patience to make real belgian waffles with yeast (I like the version that you let set overnight) they come out outstanding.