Wolverine Men's Cody Jacket (3 Colors)

Ok I am hopeing someone might have a link for a size chart for this jacket. I used to think that I was a large but have found since a lot of stuff now comes from a lot of differnet places in the world the sizes don’e corolate exactly the saem. Woot Staff, anything on sizeing this… thanks

Sizing chart is listed under Specs.

Damm missed that… have not had my 1st cup of coffee yet… and wouldn’t you know the Bison in Large is sold out alrady…

In for one, I don’t have such a jacket and it has a hood… thanks woot and for eveyone who posted reviews.

I’m going to guess that other brand is Carhartt? I’ve got a very good jacket from that other well-known work clothes brand, and I’m trying to talk myself out of buying this. But it does have the elastic around the bottom, which I miss badly when the temp down into the teens and all my warm air rushes out the bottom…

I haven’t used anything on the outer shell, that would be a good idea. I’ve bought a lot of Wolverine shoes in the past and now the clothing. The clothing holds up really well, button down shirts and knits (probably 20+ washes) low shrink and seam stitching holds well. Their pants fit me really well. And, they are less expensive than carhart.

I waited too long and the black is sold out. Looks like I’m going to buy it from Meijer.

Nice. Thanks for the link!

I’m in for one. I’ve been wearing Carhartt for the last 5 years. This looks like a nice jacket.

No problem Mr.Bateman, you take care now! :slight_smile:

LOL you really are childish aren’t you?

I live in Michigan so trust me when I say I know what is considered outdoor sports. I hunt, fish, ATV, climb, camp, backpack, ski, snowboard, snowshoe and much more. Although I respect your opinion on this I don’t agree. In none of the outdoor sports I listed do I think this would be a good jacket. Only if perhaps you could not afford a better option. For instance:

Fishing; Being on the water will greatly increase your chances of getting wet. If you where out on the boat the last thing you want to do is get a jacket wet that doesn’t dry fast. Although maybe this could be a good option if you are fishing in the fall or summer off the dock. Keep in mind also that the wrists and the elastic band running at the bottom of this jacket is almost $100 cotton.

Hunting; Hunters around where I live know to look for outer shells that have a Gore-Tex lining. I will stay away from the Sent-Lok idea though because it’s controversial and I don’t even care if my close have that. The canvas would be good at keep the noise down but as far as weight and insulation I don’t think it would make a good jacket for that.

ATV; I’ll have to retract my statement because I think this could be a good option for riding. As long as you make sure you layer.

Climbing; There is 0 chance of me taking a jacket like this up on the ledge. When you factor in the weight of your rake plus your other gear and the amount of energy you spend climbing a heavy jacket like this made from these materials it would be foolish.

Hiking/Backpacking; Same thing apply as climbing. It’s to heavy and cotton should never be taken on the trails. Also caves is to heavy especially when your watching every oz. Remember that when you get your close wet out there it can weigh up to 5x the amount. I wouldn’t want to trek out of the woods with that. It would end up sitting on the trail.

Camping; Car camping, yea maybe. If you do that you have a lot less concern about weight and type of materials because you can just bring a lot more. I however hike into spots rather then pull up to them. Well most of the time. So for me it’s a possibility on the trunk camping but mostly a no.

Ski/Snowboard/snowshoe; No chance. I will leave it at that for obvious reasons stated before.

Just my thoughts on it. I don’t doubt this is a good jacket but as I stated before I think this is more geared towards working rather then sport. In some cases I agree it could easily be used but I don’t think in most cases it would be the best choice.

Sorry but are you getting paid by the word,who cares where it should be listed.

Sorry if I am to long winded for you. Perhaps you like comments that are more like “me like” or “jacket bad”

Well I actually care where it’s listed. I come to sports woot for sporting gear not for anything else.

Last chance on buying this sports jacket!

The button, she be pulsating!

+another 1

Wow that shipped fast! I’m wearing my jacket right now just waiting for the snow to arrive tonight.

Same here. Received mine today and waiting for the snow. It should come in handy tomorrow morning.

I just got mine too, and it will be fine if you wear it indoors, looking at the snow through a window!

This thing is pretty thin, not much insulating material in it. I work outdoors, and rely on my insulated Carhartt bib and jacket to keep warm, so I know what I’m talking about. At best, this is a Fall or Spring jacket, but not a Winter coat.

This jacket fell apart in the wash. Just washed 1 time (normal cycle) and the seams under the arms pulled out on both left & right sides. Very poor seam.