Woot account and Amazon Prime account never links

Although both a long time customer of Woot, as well as a Amazon Prime member, there has never been a way (that works) for my two accounts to merge.

Today is another example; there’s a $10 piece of junk I want to buy, but I certainly don’t want to pay $6 shipping on it since I shouldn’t have to.

If I try to “log in with Amazon” ~OR~ if I go through the process to try to link the two accounts, all I ever get is is a blank pop-up browser window (the type without an editable address bar). Yes; my pop-up blocker is turned off for Woot. Yes, I have tried more than one type of browser too.

The couple times I managed to get an actual person on the phone at Woot about this, they couldn’t solve it either, so they just gave me a code for $6 and called it done.

…this means, however, that the type of impulse buys that I might make (like a the $10 thing I want to buy today) I DON’T buy and they lose my sale, while I experience frustration that makes me think of just deleting my Woot account.

You can’t tell people that they’ll get easy free shipping for being a Amazon Prime member but not make that possible (for me).

Anyone else out there have the same issue?

Thanks for reading my rant.

6 Likes

Hi there.

First, make sure you log out of Woot and log in using the Login with Amazon button. That’s required to attach all the magic to Amazon to see if you have Prime.

Second, make sure you’re not blocking pop-ups from Amazon or Woot. That you don’t have an AdBlocker doing the same thing. And allow 3rd party cookies for Amazon & Woot.

Some of the browsers have recently tightened their security on cookies and it’s caused some problems.

This fails to solve the issue. I do not wish Woot email to get over run with Amazon spam. I wish to maintain my long time Woot account with its own eMail, yet link to my Amazon account to receive Prime benefits. Having to change my Account email cause a twitch that should not exist. Twitch alowws me this feature, which definitely made me Woot!

Woot, please stop my Twitch and setup Prime Link with Woot Accounts.

1 Like

You can change your Woot account email to your Amazon Prime eMail. But this is like dumping your peanut butter when someone sticks their chocolate in it. Instead of enjoying them together by allowing the accounts to link and be better together.

1 Like

Glory be, my Twitch is gone: Woot! Woot!

If you, too, are wrestling with keeping your Woot account or starting new with you Amazon Prime eMail, sit back and enjoy some chocolate & peanut butter.

Log out of your Woot session and use the Amazon button to log back in. You will be prompted to provide your Woot email and password. Once submitted you should see your account page for Woot with Prime next to your Woot Avatar.

If you have issues, turn off blocking.

If that doesn’t help, try Firefox browser. Unless you cannot get it to work with FireFox, then try Opera or Chrome.

If that doesn’t do it, try using a different email for your Woot account. I had success with different emails being used with Woot and Amazon Prime.

Still not working,then post here or contact Support.

Woot linked with Amazon Prime is better than chocolate, peanut butter, sea salt and habanero pepper.

Would be nice if the Woot Account section had a form to input Amazon account information to link them.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips and feedback!

1 Like

i have same issue, on firefox i get the dreaded blank box, but on my old ie11 it will log in with the amazon button, woot was no help at all…

It’s usually an add-on. Try an incognito window which disables add-ons. If that works, disable all your add-ons and add them in one at a time until you find the culprit.

3 Likes

I have the same issue and CANNOT GET IT TO WORK. With all the gazillions Woot and Amazon are making off us, you’d think they’d make this smooth as butter. Infuriating. I think I will just kick the Woot habit. This may be a sign.

Hello there. Can you tell me exactly what issue you’re having? I’m happy to try to help.

I keep getting asked to enter a one time code that doesn’t get sent to me! I’ve tried all the suggestions!

Is your email address on your Woot! account correct?

3 Likes

@ThunderThighs, I’m having the same issue as others. When I first logged in with my Amazon account I never saw the option to link my Woot account (this one). I have yet to see that option when logging in with Amazon, and when I try to change this account’s email address to the same one as my Amazon account, I get an error saying that email address is already taken. Please tell me there is a way to link the accounts in my situation. This is beyond frustrating as I have to log into the Amazon account to get free shipping, and this one to access the forums with my history intact. There has to be a manual way to do it, after all (I’m assuming) a human set all this up in the first place when Amazon and Woot first got together.

Woot! i am all set my email is updated I get your emails

1 Like

Yes - same issue. It’s incredibly frustrating. It’s been happening for 6 months or so. it’s an endless OTP Loop. Woot does nothing about it.

OTP?

Could you private message me with more info, pls?

To private message me, click on my name and then click on Message in the box that pops up. To check your PMs, click on your avatar in the upper-right corner of any page and then click on the envelope in the menu that appears.

I am stilllllll having this issue I am so beyond frustrated

Did you ever message me per my request above?

Eh…I’ve been told we need to talk.

Do you want to talk? I’d like to talk, if you do.

Well, that wasn’t to you but we can. I PM’d you a while back but you never answered. :sob: