Woot App should be refined. I kept missing Woot-Out deals due to App issue

Woot team should really refine and optimize their app! I kept missing Woot-out deals because Woot app doesn’t properly show the shipping cost (I’m an Amazon Prime member so shipping should have been free, but Woot app didn’t recognize it even when I log in with Amazon). After I refresh the app a couple of times, the deals are already gone. I love shopping at Woot but it’s so frustrating that I didn’t get the deal due to something that wasn’t my fault.

2 Likes

Hi there. Sorry for the frustration. There’s a couple things it could be.

The Payment page won’t show the discount on shipping until all check boxes are completed. Often Amazon payments is asking for payment or address confirmation.

We’re also having issues with Amazon payments on iOS 14. But that’s is refreshing the payment page with a blank screen. This sounds different. We’re discussing it here.

If you want to give more information, I can look into it.

Exactly what it’s doing and when. Be specific with any error messages
App or Desktop?
If app: Device, OS & Version, App version
If desktop, OS, Browser

Here’s a few things to try:

• Log out of Woot and log in using the Login with Amazon button
  • On the checkout page, check “use this address”
  • If you are using Microsoft Edge, switch to Chrome or FireFox
  • Clear cookies for Amazon & Woot
  • Allow cookies from Amazon & Woot
  • Allow pop-ups; turn off pop-up blockers
  • Log out and back in on Amazon, especially if you’ve changed anything there (e.g. cards, email, etc.)
  • Try an incognito or private mode in your browser

Thank you ThunderThighs for the quick reply. See below for the information:

App or Desktop? App
Device: iOS 14.2.1
App version 4.6.0
Problem: even when I log in with Amazon, the shipping cost wasn’t properly displayed. It says “confirm the shipping address”. But when I selected the box below, it took me to a blank page where I had to select “back”. Then it took me back to the cart again. I had to do this multiple times until it finally shows the correct shipping cost.

You have to click the two buttons - Use this address and Use this payment method before it will finalize the order details and remove the $6 shipping.

The problem was: after I click the 1st button, it took me to a flashy blank page where I can only select “back”. Then it took me back to the cart. I didn’t even get a chance to select the 2nd box.

1 Like

Ok, then we’re back to the problem that Amazon is looking into with iOS 14. I’m sorry for the frustration.