Woot! App! Week!

AppWeek_Blog_600x200

August 10-15! But, what is it??

Well, you need the Woot! app first. So GET THE APP HERE:

Google-1

AppStore-1

Now what? Now use the Woot! app for stuff like:

APPsclusive_Blog
TWO appsclusives each day from August 10-15, at 1pm CT and 5pm CT.

MMM_Blog
Try to snag a $1 app-only deal during Midnight Mobile Madness from August 10-14, at 12 am CT. DONE!

DOM_Blog
Deal-O-Meter #1: Vote to lower the price on Monday, August 10, and make us lose money on Tuesday! SOLD OUT!

WootOff_Blog
On Wednesday, August 12 we’re running a brand-new (like new deals, not a new format) Woot-Off from 8am CT until 10pm CT. Folks who don’t have Prime can use code FREESHIP and pay for shipping just once all day today. DONE!

BOC_Blog
During the Woot-Off there will be lots of Bags O’ Crap, so in case you missed them last month during Woot!'s birthday, now’s your chance!
A few hundred of 'em, GONE!

shirt-icon
Get some appsclusive-only $10 shirts! (Gotta use your mobile device to find 'em). DONE!

DOM_Blog
Deal-O-Meter #2: Vote to lower the price on Thursday, August 13, and make us lose money on Friday! UNLOCKED AND AVAILABLE HERE

DigitalCrap_Blog
Play Digital Crap all week long for a chance at super-cheap, super-weird stuff!

apps
Prime Members get up to 10% off purchases made on the Woot! app on Saturday, August 15! Details here.

Some have asked “WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? WHY MAKE PEOPLE USE YOUR APP?”

To which we reply, “NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN AN E-COMMERCE PROMOTION THAT FEATURES SOMEWHAT-COMPELLING OFFERS IN A FUTILE EFFORT TO CULTIVATE EXCITEMENT DURING A TIME WHEN MANY CONSUMERS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN MAKING IMPULSE PURCHASES BECAUSE THERE IS A WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC AND EXTREME SOCIAL INEQUITIES WHICH HAVE LED TO THE VERY FABRIC OF AMERICAN DEMOCRACY BEING TESTED ON AN ALMOST DAILY BASIS”

But we digress. Join us for Woot! App! Week! :w_happy1:

28 Likes

All new woot off… wonder what woot is up to now!

edit I see you added this line! "(like new deals, not a new format) " and here I was all excited to find out what was new!

was silently hoping new meant less than 31 day rule. hah

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m ineligible for another boc :w_boc: till the week of the 17th. Soooo if y’all wouldn’t mind pushing this back a week that’d be great. :wink: :w_happy2:

10 Likes

I,ll second that!!

3 Likes

Nah.

2 Likes

I upgraded the app from 1.0 to 1.1.1968.

Hopefully I can still take advantage of these promos.

“PLUS MORE STUFF WE CANT MENTION YET”
Bullshit! That “something coming soon” banner in the birthday email was as fake as this

4 Likes

Woot is trying to run a fancy app promo while TT & Fred are on sick leave?
Good luck…

8 Likes

I love Fred.

TT’s pretty great, too.

5 Likes

Out of respect for equal pay for TT & Fred I probably won’t participate in this event.

4 Likes

But Fred gets to hang out with TT all the time. What more could he need?

3 Likes

You mean that you’ll be sleeping during the $1 items.

2 Likes

THIS was my first thought too - big event without TT to keep things running smoothly??? :scream:

5 Likes

Yeah and the rest doesn’t interest me. It’s empty promises and tuno.

4 Likes

I need more useless stuff!

2 Likes

Yeasssss I’m eligible for a BOC so I think there’s one with my name on it this week. I feel it.

1 Like

Me too - I was incredibly disappointed to play a game this weekend and win a chance to buy a BOC - and it was too soon after a win I haven’t even been able to SEE yet…

Just to make sure, if I have a Woot! icon then I already have the app - any good reason to upgrade it?

1 Like

YAY. Another :w_light: Woot Off! :w_light: And, on a non-workday this time. Niiiice. One more chance at a BOC. :w_boc: :w_ooh:

I think once I upgraded, the push notifications and ability to buy during wootoff became much smoother & faster.

Ugg, the Woot Off couldn’t have been next week so I could try to be disappointed by another BOC?? 31 days are up on Mondayyyyyyy