4 Wine.Woot Gift Bags
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
12/14/10
11/30/09

yay, my 2nd first sucker!

Is it over the hill or perfectly aged?

Just missed first sucker by virtue of actually reading the description. I know I shouldn’t have because hey, Wine.Woot says it’s Adequate, so why should I think otherwise?

$11.25/ea… Nice for 4 Xmas party Host gifts… Now, just to find 4 Xmas parties to go to.

I bought this the first time it came out. Wasn’t too impressed, but I think some mentioned that it got much better after some aging.

The CT notes are all over the place. I figure the gift bags are worth $2-4 bucks each for my wife. I’m drinking the wine and giving her the gift bags. Win win.

My thoughts exactly.

I know a lot of you that post here love these woot cellars things, but I’ve held my tongue and now want to complain.

Woot makes plenty of money off of you people that like these wines (or really just like the labels and kitsch factor) and I’m happy they’ve found a marketing gimmick that fools enough people into making it profitable for the woot folks, but come on. I bought one woot cellars wine and it was embarrassing. The wine is average. The labeling is juvenile. I’m sorry I still have a bottle left.

Many of you that swear by woot will get all atwitter over this stuff, but I hope this post will encourage one person at least to recognize this is garbage and a marketing gimmick for schmucks that don’t know any better. I feel sorry for the recipients of these as gifts, since it appears many of you buy these for gifts and are fooled into thinking the people you give it to actually like it.

I’m sorry for being harsh and insulting but I really feel insulted by all the woot cellars offerings.

I love wine.woot. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I wish they’d stop with this silly, terrible, offerings, but I know I’m in the minority and will leave it with this post.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Well hello there Scrooge…
Care to share which Woot Cellar offerning you didnt care for…since you note you only tasted ONE of the 15 offerings.

Ever care to think others might have an opinion other than you own before you trash anything made by Woot Cellars? As noted by many people on this particular wine it has gotten better with age.

If anyone in Dallas would like to split…I’d be interested.

I would love a couple more bottles. Went through my collection the other day and released Woot goofed on my last order of this during the summer. I got 3 Albino Rhinos and only 1 Adequate Gift :frowning:

I don’t think anyone will dispute that Woot makes money on their own branded bottles (I’d expect they’re making money on ALL the bottles they sell) but as someone that is a bit of a wine novice and curious about the Woot Cellars wines, I’m wondering what the level of rotgut really is. Are you saying that the quality is far below what you’d normally find at the liquor store for $10/bottle?

But…Scrooge doesn’t say Merry Christmas till the end of the story. I don’t want this story to be over so fast <,> _ <,>

How much “above average” would you expect for $10 a bottle?

You insult wine.woot. Then you insult a bottle of wine. Then you insult any of us who enjoys whatever wine you didn’t want to name. Then you wish us a Merry Christmas?

I am beyond offended. I’m Jewish!

Im def glad I bought the port. Now i am just waiting for this balsamic everyone raves about.

here is my 2 cents. You get what you pay for. One can’t really expect to get quality wine for 10 dollars a bottle. However, most of us can’t really afford to drink Insignia on regular basis. Sometimes an Adequate bottle quality is all you need.

Exactly. I’ve bought a few of these offerings myself. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Monkey’s Second Prize or Albino Rhino. But, they aren’t bad for the price. My officemate enjoyed the Adequate Gift and so did I. I’m in for one.

Hey, that’s fowlerpuss’s opinion and i’ll defend his right to it! As it happens it’s my right to disagree with his reasonable opinion.

It’s pretty nondescript on first opening, but at this age, and after 30-45 mins’ decanting, it’s pretty accessible, drinkable and interesting, and much better than the $10 bottles I’ve ever bought locally.

Also, if you think so highly of it, why not take woot’s prior advice and give it to an aunt you dislike? That’s what it’s for, after all…