Woot Cellars 2010 Triacipedis and the Minotaur’s Chalice - 6 Pack

Well, I’m trusting all of you whose comments I’ve been reading about this wine for so long now. In for two. Just when I told Mr. FedEx Man that I was giving him a break… I’ve really enjoyed the Kaliedoscope which everyone seems to compare this to, but this is worth it for the label alone.

Insert swear words in 3 different languages. Just as I’m leaving on an extended trip this comes up. I cant buy any more wine, and really dont need 6 especially because I wasnt a huge fan of Triacepedis but I loved the Rhino. So anyone not need all 6 in upstate Ny. Otherwise I just got to home this comes up in a woot off or something, or someone wants to part with it at some point. “Continues muttering and swearing”

classic!

I like the First Church of Wine.Woot!, because it has commandments that go to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it’s one more commandment, isn’t it? It’s not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be Wooting away at ten. You’re on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you’re on ten on your SIWBM. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don’t know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One Woot more.
Marty DiBergi: Why don’t you just make ten Woots and make ten be the top number and make that a little Wootier?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

The 2% RS has me hesitating… SIWBM be damned, it’s woot cellars. But that 2% RS…

Give in. You can do it. I did. Went in for a case. :slight_smile:

Ugghhhh WineDavis you are no good for us all!!!
I have 16 bottles and 2 magnums in route including this order. (Wow…thats a case for me in 3 days)
I have got to find a wine cabinet or something.

Yea Yea I know a lot of others are going to say that is nothing.
Im only worried about in 2 weeks when those flashing lights pop up again right before my real and woot birthday.

There’s little chance ill resist. Rats will help me along, however. Here’s to hoping they’re good!

At best it is a perfect summer white. In the first Triacipedis, the blend was great. What turns me off about Chards was beaten back by the Riesling. Very tasty.

In the middle, use it as a base for a white sangria.

At worst, leave it behind at your friend’s BBQ. Someone will drink it.

Looks to be a bit sweeter than the Kalidescope which had 13.9 g/L Sugar to the 21 for this

How did this compare to the Kaleidoscope? I really enjoyed that wine and jumped on more during the recent woot off. If there is any of it left, let me know!!

Serious question:
Has there ever been a bad woot! cellar release?

Need to stop reading the CT notes on the 08.
Since this is a weekend long event… do you have all weekend to e-mail WW to bump an order to a case instead? GRRRR…

You had it at Java’s last July. did you like it? IMHO this was better than the Albino Rhino. The Triacipedis was less malic, less green sharp tasting. You taught me that word while comparing the wines!

Perhaps we should ask if this is any sweeter than the last Triacipedis. So, woot, Is this any sweeter than the last Triacipedis?

Look at the pH… nice and low which should nicely counterpoint th RS. I sus[ect thi sequel is pretty close to the original, given how successful the last one was. And the variety proportions are as good as the same.

Sparky could even do a comparison rat…

Should this wine be chilled?

Awww, crud. SIWBM is not going to hold.

Authorities said… best leave it… unsolved.

Count me IN. Looks as if Nevada is very well represented on the sales map tonight! Always a good idea to have something classy like the Triacipedis on hand just in case any royalty should drop by unannounced and grace us with a visit.

DAMN! Woot Cellars are always an auto-buy and I JUST bought the Chardonnay - and we hardly drink white. Resistance is indeed futile. I almost tried for first sucker but decided I’d at least attempt to hold off, until I end up buying before the weekend is over.

Woot Cellars = autobuy!

Also, if you weren’t around for the first one there’s a super secret Woot style message in the name!

Try saying Triacipedis with a Bronx, NY accent.

If it still doesn’t come to you, here is the answer. :wink:

http://spoilertext.com/d6

No! The pellet with the poison’s in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!