Woot Cellars Bonus Level (5) w/T-Shirt

(12:24 AM, today) rpstrong shows incredible restraint.

Incredible restraint? Incredible restraint?

Me not flying to their location and ripping their arms off for calling it Petit Sarah is showing Incredible Restraint! :wink:

I keed, I keed! Maybe. :wink:

Come to the Dark Side … we have cookies!!!

Congratulations!

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam … And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva … So tweasure your wuv.

Have you the wing?

300x300

http://www.lookingforloves.com/animated%20gif%20friends%20images%20love/wedding/animated%20gif%20wedding%20images%20glitter%205.jpg[/img]

Man an’ wife

300x200

http://www.birmax.com/bmagnet/wedding.gif[/img]

200x300

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/JBrownie2077/wedding.gif[/img]

300x200

http://www.submitedge.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Penguins_Wedding.gif[/img]

Happy Wedding Day to chipgreen and his blushing Bride!!! :happy:

:frowning:

Bon voyage…

Call the winery from the airport. Or login later today … SWMBO will understand! :wink:

Congratulations chipgreen.
Congratulations Wine.Woot.
Congratulations me. (gonna buy me some PS)

I’m pretty sure the free bottle obligates you to open it and post the notes for the benefit of rest of us… Cellar the ones you pay for.

HHAAAPPYYY AANNNIIVVERRRSSAARRYYY!!

In for 1!!

They did, five posts later. I think they were teasing about waiting to open it.

[grape]

Grape Debater: Bonus level 1. A wine or double entendre? Are we referring to a video game or a rank among sommeliers? Considering I am at level zero on both accounts please take my comments under advisement. The bottle looks like it could be a pinot noir, gsm, or burgundy but on closer examination it is a petite sirah! Ah yes…PS I love you!! Petite sirah from Pedroncelli? I can’t wait to open it…

Bottle opened, the color is a deep purple. Deeper and more purple than I expected, very intriguing. Initial aroma is lavender. Deeper aroma is a combination of lavender, florals, and mushroom. Now the first taste…Full bodied, tannic, and acidic with overtones of dark stone fruits. I suspect that this wine will get better with age and is not quite at peak drinking window. Definitely has some complexity and is not a fruit bomb. It also would benefit with food pairing. I paired with filet au poivre and it paired well. The pepperyness of the petite sirah complemented the peppercorn sauce.

The wine had a long finish characterized by earth and leather notes. I tried to pair with dessert and chocolate but would not recommend this pairing. Overall I enjoyed this wine but suspect it will be more enjoyable after at least a couple of more years of cellaring if you have the patience to lay it down. I have consistently enjoyed Pedroncelli wines and have bought mixed cases on Woot when available. This wine is consistent with other quality offerings from this producer. Using Vivino’s 5 point scale I would rate this offering a 3.5. I usually purchase wines rated 3.5 and above but will probably pass on this offering due to SIWBM.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs C

Since when doesn’t Pedroncelli not ship to Ohio??

Mrs SOSPTUBA and I were honored to be selected to rat this woot cellars wine.

Ironically I was at UPS picking up my Q3 SH club shipment when Fedex attempted to deliver the bottle. Luckily I was able to intercept the driver about a mile from my house and retrieve the item. BONUS!

We were thinking of aerating/decanting but decided just to pop and pour. Original plan was to open on Saturday but I ended up clearing a bunch of European buckthorn from our property (awful invasive stuff) during the day and got distracted during supper.

Given the big tv event on Sunday night (Packers football!!) we decided to take notes last night although I do have some left over for this morning to follow up on throughout the day. (I’m off since it’s Columbus day).

We use De Long’s Wine Tasting Notebook so I’ll stick with that format.

Visual aspects -
Color Hue: Ruby (Mrs said blood ruby if that even exists??)
Color Depth: Deep
Clarity: Clear

Olfactory (smell) aspects -
Aroma Intensity: Moderate
Development: Youthful
Aromas: As others have said there is some EtOH right out of the bottle so if you want to drink now aerate/decant for a bit of time, otherwise lay it down for a while so it can cool down. We were able to pull Cherry (sweet) and tobacco on the nose after some time in the glass.

Gustatory (taste) aspects -
Dry/Sweet: Dry
Body: Light-Medium
Acidity: Tart
Tannins: Level: Medium Type: Dry
Flavor Intensity: Moderate
Flavors: Tobacco/Smokey, Touch of sweetness similar to the cherry on the nose

Since it was Football Sunday in Wisconsin we paired with some unusual suspects - chicken wings, sweet potatoes and whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. Mrs SOSPTUBA thought the wine did actually bring out the chocolate in the cookies but I didn’t notice anything different.

Summary: This was a good wine (and price point considering the PS varietal), but it needs time…either decanting or on the shelf. It’s also not something we would give to others who are just getting into wine as I would not classify this as an entry level wine. We will be in for some more to lay it down.

Thanks again and as I said I’ll try some more in a bit and report back any updates.

This is a new millennium. It’s only wrong if YOU think it’s wrong.

Lol, perfect. I’m going to go eat these ever lasting gobstoppers for breakfast because I feel it’s right for me.

we’ll ship direct to NH-- Give Jon a call in the office. 800-836-3894

Call Jon. He’ll ship direct!! 800-836-3894

There is likely a percent or three of Zinfandel (just for topping) but nothing notable or worth mentioning blend wise. Just a boisterous Petite Sirah here folks. Pull out the teeth whitener…you’re gonna need it!

Hell, if the legal geeks at “the parent company” don’t want to ship to you, we’ll by-pass their high-rise offices and ship direct. Call Jon at the winery. We’ll ship direct! 800-836-3894

10 years for the wine woot weirdos! Many great times together - whether virtually or in person. I have learned a ton - and have paid for it (but paid a lot less due to this community) Thanks Wine Farm for your patience with us (and my driving). Cheers!

Happy Anniversary Wine.Woot! What a privilege to be part of the celebration!

Have you ever heard of a wine having personality? We often think of our rosé as “delicate”, our Pinot Noir being “alluring” or our Mother Clone Zin being “elegant”. To say this Petite Sirah is “demure” would be a joke! This wine walks into your living room, takes your favorite spot on the couch, puts it’s feet up on your coffee table grabs your remote and surfs. That’s right it never stays on one channel for more that 11 seconds.
This wine wants all of your attention. It enters big, and makes you take notice. Lot’s of blue fruit with just a hint of bay leaf on the nose. It moves through your mouth like a semi crossing the Sierras in January–fully loaded with chains on all 18 wheels, yet fully in control leaving you wonder “how do they do that?” In the mouth some of the blue fruits give way to the richer, riper dark reds–plum and some cherry. A nice dried herb quality rounds it out. Make no mistake, this is a full-on tannin laden red wine.

What to do, what to do…
Decanting will definitely help this wine. And don’t be gentle, let the aeration do its job. Open early and be patient. Protect your neophyte friends-save it all for yourself.

Two–use a cup of this wine in your braising liquid. You cannot imagine the layer of herbs this will add. Go to the recipe section of our website and search for the Beef Mother Clone recipe–sub this wine for the Zin. YUM!

Three–serve this with long roasted, braised or grilled, high-fat dishes. Not sure what to suggest for my vegan friends here…maybe gift this wine?..

Four–Cellar it for a few years if you like. But don’t be afraid to try a bottle now to appreciate how this wine will age.

Push the button… are you SERIOUSLY waiting for a small T-Shirt??

This is HUGE. It’s really HUGE (in the spirit of the election cycle. I couldn’t pass it up!)