Woot Cellars Consumerus Holiday Red Wine (6)

Woot Cellars Consumerus Holiday Red Wine 6-Pack
Sold by: Castoro Cellars
$59.99
2013 Woot Cellars Consumerus Holiday Red Wine, Paso Robles

Mods, please check on Ohio. Last time a Woot Cellars wine was released, Ohio was incorrectly left off the ship-to list (then added later in the day). Hopefully this is just another mistake?

[grape]

2013 Woot Cellars Consumerus
A flying monkey swooped out of a Black Friday Wootcopter to drop this bottle onto my lawn. I took it inside and prepared to consume the Consumerus. Produced by B & B Wines in San Miguel, CA, I was excited to try the latest Woot Cellars release.

Upon opening, the wine had a bright ruby color with good clarity. Medium spaced slow-running legs when swirled in the glass. On the nose, cherries and cream with a hint of mint and an even slighter hint of violets.

Fruit forward on the palate, dominated by cherry flavors (both black and red), with some cassis and a touch of anise and sage. Some creaminess to the mouthfeel suggests at least partial malolactic fermentation and/or aging on the lees. Very little oak influence, barely even noticeable. Bright acidity and medium tannins on the medium finish. Easy drinking wine which is good to go right now but would probably benefit from short term cellaring.

My guess is that this is a Merlot based blend, possibly mixed with some Cab Franc and/or Cab Sauv and Malbec, and/or smaller amounts of Petit Verdot and Petite Sirah. It reminds me (in a good way) of the 2009 Woot Cellars Blitzen. This is a crowd-pleasing style of wine that should win over wine aficionados and newbies alike.

Label says 13.5%, specs say 14.5%. Not a big deal but this is kind of odd - no mention what kind of grapes? A blend? What the heck in for one…

Just looked at the information in admin and OH is not on the list. Sorry. :frowning:

Post of the year.

What, if any, is the relationship between this Woot Cellars and the wine we tried a couple months ago in SoCal? And what’s the blend?

What about shipping to WA? Won’t let me place an order due to shipping restrictions. First time I’ve seen that.

Sorry, no WA either.

Bah Humbug! :frowning:

Surprised that shipping licenses wouldn’t be a priority when selecting a winery to produce the Woot Cellars holiday wine.

Availability = Sales (and happy Consumerus-es).

Wine n00b - is this sweet or dry or what?

I live in Portland, I’ll split one with ya if you’ll be down here anytime after it arrives…

Dry but fruity.

THANK YOU!!

Really appreciate the offer, but don’t plan on being down that way anytime soon.

My wife prefers dry reds but is open to some sweetness like in a red zone or Pinot. With “Fruit forward” being the only term I can relate to sweetness does this mean it is slightly sweet or really sweet?
The wines from the blend explanation certainly don’t lead me to believe it’s sweet but I have to ask. This is the list I am referring to:
Merlot based blend, possibly mixed with some Cab Franc and/or Cab Sauv and Malbec, and/or smaller amounts of Petit Verdot and Petite Sirah.

The

Bottom line: It’s red! It’s $10! It’s Woot Cellars Holiday wine! In for two. And it ships to California (I assume).

It’s those “stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators.” It used to be, and probably still is true, that some states require each individual label to be separately registered and licensed. Which isn’t going to happen for a one-off w00t cellars vintage.