Woot Cellars Consumerus Holiday Red Wine (6)

Not sweet. The term “Fruit Forward” simply means that there are more fruit aromas and taste. It has nothing to do with sweetness.

The higher the residual sugar, the greater the sweetness.

I am thinking it’s the sample we tried. Too much coincidence both are Castoro Cellars?

The state of CT may be a buzz killer in every way, but they do allow winery direct shipments. I guess the winery decided not to pay the buzz killing permit fee to ship to CT.

Thanks for the review, loved Blitzen and been waiting for a cellar release, in for 2!
(Still wish we didnt get dinged with double shipping, especially seeing all the rest of Woot shipping all day for $5 so often…)

[grape]

2013 Woot Cellars Consumerus

Thanksgiving this year included family, friends, good food, good wine, performing the Nutcracker many, many times, and the appearance of a bottle of 2013 Woot Consumerus.

My wife and I consumed for us the Consumerus last night to celebrate the end of the 2016 Nutcracker run.

Color- clear and bright, slightly pale red with translucent edge. I got candied red fruits on the nose, she said floral and fruity nose.

On the palate- she said young, light, and fresh, very enjoyable, like a Beaujolais. I noticed very fine polished tannins, light body, with good acidity. Nice balance. Red fruit, some strawberry, a few herbs, and a bit of vanilla, but very light and fresh, like a gamay/cru Beaujolais.

Very nice food wine. A little light to go with our dinner of Wagyu flank steak, but it actually held its own very nicely.

I really liked it, and was hoping to see which varietals were in the blend. I’m not familiar with this winemaker, but will say that the texture and tannin management remind me of Scott Harvey barbera a little bit. I wouldn’t have pegged it for a bordeaux blend, as the body is so light, but I’m no expert there for sure.

Unfortunately, I won’t be buying this time, as I damaged my cash flow pretty badly during the Wootoff, and that was even missing the Cockamamie case!

Good wine, definite crowed pleaser, and the price is right!

I hope it wasn’t :frowning:

I tried to buy this wine, the system wouldn’t allow me to do so because it said no shipping to Massachusetts. Despite the product listing stating it does. Also shipping wine outside the state of Massachusetts into the state has been legal since January 2015. What gives? I want to buy wine too. Please help.

Maybe don’t email me specifically about this offer then? #kthxbye

Not your fault, I know, except for wine.woot selecting a winery that excludes the usual suspect states. Did something change recently in WA to kick us out?

I too loved blitzen but if it’s the same wine we sampled recently then I definitely did not like this.

Winery appears to ship to WA and MA per their website. No OH, but they are known to have issues per Free the Grapes.

No New Hampshire either? :confused:

Well at $545 per year, one of the most expensive direct ship permits in the country, and a limited customer base CT is not cost effective for most small wineries. Unless you have a few hundred friends that also want to buy wine from the same winery?

not sure what you mean by double dinged??? wine woot shipping is included in the price

You can Debate but not purchase. That was a cruel trick :slight_smile:

Looks like the winery ships to New Hampshire as well

what gives?

Aww, no Arizona either. Bah humbug indeed.

B & B Wines = Castoro Cellars?

Castoro owns a lot of wineries, so it may be a that they now all operate under 1 license.

Don’t know exactly what this is, but reds from this winery are well reviewed (and all on the dry side) and price is good. What the heck, in for one.

SRSLY. I miss the old days. :frowning: