$47.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 4 Woot Cellars D’ONTSPILLE LE BLACK 2009 Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website!

Previous offer:
10/8/10

Here you go, Kyle, just for you!

Yes! Just what I’ve been waiting for! Liked it enough at the gathering back when it was up the first time to go for a set. I’ll let it sit a while to keep knitting, but I think this will be a good buy.

Thanks WD and Peter!

My (admittedly thin) notes:

Indeed, it turned out to be much better than our probably bottle-shocked sample at the NoVA/DC gathering. I don’t really feel compelled to go in for some more, since I’ve already put away two of my three bottles for some long-term aging (well, long-term from my perspective - a year or so), but if you were waiting around for the reviews to roll in, consider mine firmly in the thumbs-up camp.

Oh buddy, I am in! SWMBO likes pinot and I wanted an everyday drinking pinot for something the other night and didn’t want to open one of my Roessler single vineyards. Thanks Santa WD! :happy:

Waited all wootoff for this to pop up. In for three!

Here’s Peter’s comparison to Roessler Black Pine from the initial offering:
http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4177091&PageIndex=4&ReplyCount=260#post4178395

Just drank my last bottle this evening, and I was sad to see it go. Perfect timing!

Bought this in October (5 for $59.99)
2 left, loved it
2nd favorite Woot Cellars (behind Boss Monster)

My only hesitation is other recent purchases of Cameron Hughes Lot 200, Lot 156, and Pillar Box Red 2 cases total. Not too mention Woot purchases.

This one might be too tempting to pass up!

In for two. I enjoyed what I’ve had from the last offering, and just yesterday I was wishing it would come back.

Gives me a horrible, horrible headache. I never get wine headaches.

Picked up a bottle of the Red Box at Costco on the cheap and really didn’t like it. Although it did not give me a headache, maybe you just drank to much of it :wink:

My wife and I really enjoyed this wine but now she is insisting we should be “responsible” and not order this wine. Booo! But, I will not order it and hope that you will not order it either so that, someday, I can order it again. Oooof

Instant buy for me as well! My last batch of this is disappearing far too quickly as it has been my go-to for sharing with family gatherings:-) Glad this popped up!

Don’t know if anyone else feels this way but I also have fingers crossed that the Helix Pomatia will show up again in the next few days! Another very tasty offering that I’m down to my last bottle on…

Sounds like she’s offering you a brilliant gift idea. :slight_smile:

Dang it, Woot! Of course you offer this when I have way too many reds!

Wow! I have been able to restock the “larder” with D’ontspille Le Black, Albino Rhino, Expression 44 PN, Corison Cabs, Greek Olives, and today my most excellent FedEx Ground driver did me a huge favor and brought my Shadow Canyon Paeonia Dessert Wine on a Saturday. How cool is that! Life is good. Thanks Woot! And to top it off, a friend in San Fran. is going to pick up some Casa de Case olio nuovo and send it along with Sweet Marias green coffee beans! A well fed happy camper am I.

For a tenner “Perfectly Adequate” is all you can hope for from a Pinot. This will be a whole lot more, since as regulars know it’s Wellington: also, the winemaker Peter Wellington doesn’t usually make Pinot, so this is a great fun experiment! It’ll taste like Pinot, not be over-egged, -oaked or -ripened, and likely have great balance, and that’s without having had it. Bet it knits together better after a year or two! I had gone in for the lot within ten seconds of seeing this deal (it’s 6am here in England).

One of Sonoma valley’s finest winemakers moonlighting for us. He makes wine out of love. Well, not literally, as that would be quite a feat, but I think you know what I mean. For a tenner. What are you waiting for??!

Edit: Lol was responding to your posted review, and now actually reading all your comment, I see you said the same as my guess about aging :sunglasses:

Have a listen to what the “Mystery Winemaker” has to say about LE BLACK PN

May be one of the last opportunities we’ll have to get our hands on some Wellington made PN, at least for a while… in for one.