$49.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Happy Holidays
PRODUCT: 5 Woot Cellars D’ONTSPILLE LE BLACK 2009 Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
10/8/10
12/5/10

Didn’t see that coming! What a nice deal. In for 2, cheers WD SB, et al! (Who’s Al?)

Snagged this last time it was offered. Opened a bottle a couple weeks ago - still tasted immature. Was drinkable, but nothing stellar.

This is a wonderful pinot noir, and at $10 off the 5 pack, you can’t go wrong.

Only $2 more than the 4 pack of this that was offered during the woot-off, and $10 cheaper than the last time the 5 pack was offered.

My mom loved this one. Has Woot Cellars ever sold anything that wasn’t fairly good?

Oh boy oh boy, this has been soooo consistently good. I keep sharing bottles with friends and family so I have more chances to drink it than I would slowly working through my wine collection on my own;-) I already got two of the previous deals on it, thinking of jumping in on this as well. Excellent wine for gifting (or hoarding all to yourself) at this price!:smiley:

That doesn’t sound unusual for a PN - especially one from Wellington. Peter has stated that he likes to strike a balance between drinkability when first sold and a potential to age well. I’d guess this will peak at around 2 - 4 years.

I’m not the PN buff I used to be, but this one’s a no-brainer. Too bad my wallet only lets me go in for one (then again, that’s only because I made a “find” that I couldn’t pass up, so I’m doing a happy dance for this Woot).

I’m thinking of going in for 3. Start a big wine collection. I’m 22 about to graduate college, think 3 is overkill?

share the wealth/“find”? :slight_smile:

Not the first to woot, but close…i am gambling on the woot cellars folks to offer up some good juice. the t’was is drinkable and a good go-to wine for the holidays, although not remarkably interesting. i hope the folks at winewoot take greater pride in this offering, but at 11/btl i am dialing in my expectations accordingly. nonetheless, at the close of 2010 and my second or third year of winewoot buying, many thanks for this wonderful site and the usually thoughtful offerings.

i have seen some of the offerings we have had (and i have enjoyed) such as torii mor creep into restaurants locally and at prices that make me blush or feel very pleased that i got my bottles here, first.

I appreciate pure french and spanish wines mostly, but love the generally California-specific wines you offer, but with a nod to the NW coast offerings too (Torii Mor, for example).

Seems to me the California set is starting to navigate away from pure fruit and offering more complex wines. Having hotelled, camped, and nearly been arrested for DUI from Sonoma to Ukiah; i appreciate the efforts of all. Thank you to all the makers that are on patrol on WW.

Going forward, would love to see Toulouse (Mendo) and Cathedral (WA) featured at some point, but i am a buyer not a chooser.

Thanks to all the very knowledgable and most of the time witty WW regulars: you have taught me alot over the years and i have made MANY purchases based on comments from all y’all. And the advice/opinions have been pretty consistently accurate. I am still not sophisticated enough to appreciate the value of the brix and some of the other technical aspects of the wines we see, but IMHO, nothing i have secured here has been a let-down.

Thanks; and i look forward to 2011 and where WW may go.

HAK

Last 2 bottles, I’m afraid. 95 + 97 Corison for around $50 each.

BTW, check out this post from the last offering:

I don’t know if all the California wineries are doing that, but WD selects a lot of those who do (yay!). There are still tons of fruit bomb fans out there in wineland.

I picked this up In early Dec. I popped one open right away. It was very sour and hard to get past that. The next glass I let sit out in the glass for a couple hours before I tasted. It was very good. It promised a fruit bomb and did well in delivering.

Wow - I think you’re the first person I’ve seen use the term “fruit bomb” for this wine (and a Pinot, at that). But it sounds as though you really liked it.

Well I’ve missed this one time and time again but not this time. In for 2.

And how the hell did I miss that this was Peter’s wine all those other times?

Well, I’ve passed on this the last two times its been around and somewhat regretted it. I could pass once more, but in the words of Aragorn ‘but it is not this day!!’. In for one.
My usual thing is to drink one now and then hold on to the rest, but I think I’ll sit on this for a year or so and then partake. Thanks winewoot and Mr. Wellington for the offering.

Mayhap you were drinking some of Peter’s other wines - ?

Who is this “Aragorn” of whom you speak?

Woot writers: "Is this some ‘Brokeback Mountain’ thing?”
“A what thing? No!” a shocked Dale said

…is just too funny.

Well, what do you mean by “big”? 50 bottles? 100? 200?

I’d say 3 is too much, unless you have already established that pinot noir is a favorite. If you are just starting a collection, it would make much more sense to go for 1, maybe 2. Take the money saved and get yourself a different varietal with your next woot purchase.

For reds, you want some cabernet sauvignon, some syrah, maybe some merlot, some blends (bordeaux style), some spanish reds (tempranillo), sangiovese which is the great italian red grape, and definitely some zinfandel.

Obviously with that many varietals, if you get 5 or 6 bottles of each you’ll have a lot of wine to drink, starting your cellar.

You don’t want to go overboard on any varietal until you find out what your favorites are.

Plus there’s that whole pesky can only buy 2 of these limit thing. :tongue: