Woot Cellars Emergencier Holiday Provisions (6)

Woot Cellars Emergencier Holiday Provisions Red Blend 6-Pack
Sold by: Lucas and Lewellen Vineyards
$59.99
Woot Cellars Emergencier Holiday Provisions Red Blend

Wow, that is quite the grape combo! Who’s tested this?

Yup. Also what else has Lucas and Lewellen Vineyards made for woot?

We had this last night at the SoCal gathering. It was sublime.

But as with any Woot Cellar wine, I would hold opening for at least a year for development. One can open sooner, but let it decant for a while before drinking. YMMV.

OK, different blend than the '05 EHP. This tasted recently in SoCal?

of course you like it, it’s got PS in the blend.

In for one, interesting blend. any other information on this?

2007 'TWAS - 3 different front labels

List of Woot Cellars wines

They also made the original EHP, using their other winery name Mandolina.

Forgot all about their Mandolina brand.

And they also made the 2005 Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn under Mandolina!

Arriving as late as I did, I got the last of it. It probably had been open for 1 or 2 hours, and was very nice. I wanted more!

[winenotes]

OK, we tasted this last night at the SoCal gathering. The tl;dr version is that at $10 you should be happy with this one. Drink now with some air, or let it age for a while.

Immediately after opening, we thought the nose was totally closed down. However it did start to open up with about 10 minutes in the glass. Nose was juicy raspberry and cranberry. The palate was surprisingly smoky (must be the PS?). Finish was smoke that morphed into peppercorn and cranberry.

We liked this and will be getting a set or two. Two (previously) non-wooters who were here last night for the gathering have ordered a set each.

I am curious about the vintages of the components of this wine.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Is there no vintage on this puppy?

[winenotes]

About 28 hours ago, I had a glass or 2 of this. Clear red color, nice wide legs, and a nose of raspberry and spice. Light to medium bodied, fresh cherries and pomegranates, pepper, spice, good acid, and tannins that are present but not overwhelming. The best part is the nice, fruit-filled finish. Its drinking fine now, but will probably be better in a few months, and then have a window of at least the stated 5 years.

The EHP might have been the first empty bottle of the night, which says something, I think. Its an easy buy at this price - the same price the original EHP sold for in 2008, except shipping’s included this time.

Couldn’t find one on the bottle, so we assumed its a multi-vintage blend. I would guess 2011/2012, but I have no facts to back that up.

Correct. First woot cellars with that designation I believe. QPR in droves here. And a remake of one of my all time favorite labels.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

In for one. It’s appropriate that my 200th Woot is a Woot Cellars wine, since about 90% of my purchases have been wine.

Hoping the back label was modified from the original. :slight_smile: