Woot Cellars Holiday Gift Shop

If you like CF, or maybe like CF, it’s a buy. If you really don’t like CF, you should pass.

For those in states where wine.woot used to ship but has not lately… this is an ongoing situation over the last couple months. There is a discussion thread about it HERE or you can jump directly to a summary post which lists the affected states HERE.

I just started homebrewing beer about 6 months ago so my cellar is a little more empty than usual. That in combination with not having tried any of these wines make it an autobuy.

I am generally more than pleased with the value of wine I get from woot cellars…

My only alternative as far as I can tell is to get my wine shipped to my son in New York who may or may not be home to get the shipment then wait 4 or 5 months until I go visit to pick it up. Not ideal…

Thank you ChipGreen, that was enlightening :slight_smile:

Rather just have Pour Me 12 pack…

I just opened one of my bottles of Toothstejnn from a previous order, and I love it! It’s really hard to not buy more.

Very light/clean on the palate, super smooth and not acidic.

I’ll have to stop myself from drinking it all… If you like smooth and easily drinkable, it’s wonderful :slight_smile:

I guess I haven’t had much CF…so I can’t tell…but I think I have to have the Ped. that is up now…

Michigan too. In fact, MI was left off every ship-to list in this offer except the mixed case which contains 3 of the wines which supposedly do not ship to MI individually.

It’s bad enough that there have been shipping issues affecting the availability of woot wines to certain states but to see eligible states left off the lists in error must chap WD’s ass.

No Ice Wines? (Sweet/Dessert)

There’s only been one Woot Cellars dessert wine - Vinito del Finito Late Harvest Zinfandel. Peter Wellington made it. Everybody loved it. It’s long gone except for maybe a few archival bottles WD and co have at wine.woot HQ. If even that.

I have two left. I’m sure Sparky as 12.

We’ve got 3 :slight_smile:

I think I have 1 or 2 left also…that is some yummy yummy wine!!! We need more like that!

Any notes/comments on the Phat Goose? The RS worries me. Is this on the sweet side? I do not like my reds sweet. The One Last Kiss was too sweet for my palate. Any thoughts?

On another note, popped a bottle of Toothy the other night and quite enjoyed it. Good QPR. No notes as I had a houseful of people over for a football party :grin:

I don’t remember it being sweet at all. Came off like a lighter-styled CdR. I’ve heard it’s gained some weight since I tasted it, which wouldn’t surprise me at all.

The detectable level of RS is 1%. One Last Kiss was 2%, Phat Goose is 0.35% so the sweetness should not be noticeable to you.

It’s an easy drinking GSM, not especially complex but enjoyable.

Thanks for the input. Looks like I might have to indulge. After all, it is the holidays :slight_smile:

I have 2, plus a magnum of Polyphemus that I’m not sure will ever be opened - seems I don’t have too many occasions which call for a magnum these days. And a few Adequate Gifts, and Pour Pour Me’s. But no Toothy - too bad I’m stuck in no-ship Purgatory.

The lists match what WCC provided. Confirmed with WD’s people that the list running on the mixed case in this sale is indeed correct.