Woot censorship (re. XP vs. Vista)

The way I found the cause of my freezes was to go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Once in the Event Viewer, click on Windows Logs on the left and then System. Look for the time where your system crashed/froze and see what was happening. Look for reoccuring problems. This was how I found out about the Google toolbar update and Framework.

For me it’s been a lot more stable (and XP was already pretty stable for me, to begin with). Add in DirectX10 and better support for 4GB of RAM (not to mention Aero Glass is a cool piece of fluff-fluff none-the-less, but I like it) and I’m extremely happy with my choice to use Vista instead of XP for my newest computer.

Thanks daj, I’ll take a look at that.

I was also one of the few people who had a pretty good experience with ME (no one believes me when I tell them that; I still have one computer running ME and it works pretty darn well considering how old it is (2001). So I put off getting XP until I got a new computer with it pre-installed, once a lot of the issues had been worked out. This time I guess I should have done the same thing and waited a while.

Product threads have always been the most heavily moderated section of our forums, as they’re meant to be a discussion about the product. The Vista debate evolved into a lot of misinformation, name-calling, and all of it was off-topic.

Moving individual posts isn’t really a feasible move with the current forum software as it is. It probably would have taken at least 2 hours and maybe half the posts would have survived anyway, assuming the merge functionality is feeling peppy that day.