Woot Charter Member Reunion

bots GIF

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the only Woot purchase Iā€™m actually proud of.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Yep, I got one of the pizza offerings and I also got to talk to Amy (former writer) and have her tell me a Christmas story. I giggled like an idiot the whole time and was pathetic but she was amazing. Damn, I just looked and that was in December 2015. Longer ago than I thought.

6 Likes

Time goes faster, the older you get. I have been married for 23+ years, and It doesnā€™t feel like any time has passed.

I have had a few claims to fame and I feel the same way. I used to listen to a radio station across the pond in London. I have had me name mentioned on the air a few time and they sent me a bunch of albums several times. I felt cool, for once.

Then any time one of my shirts get mentioned anywhere outside of woot, I get all gitty.

The other day, a friend from a former job posted a poemā€¦ One of his friends that I have no connection with, posted an image from the web of my witch venn diagram shirt when mentioning that the poem reminded them of monty pythonā€¦ Such a small world sometimes.

7 Likes

Which station?

2 Likes

5 Likes

woot! charter member checking inā€¦

First purchase was a ā€œKensington Pro Gaming Mouse and Splinter Cell Gameā€

5 Likes

Welcome!

Were they sold as a bundle?

2 Likes

yes they were

2 Likes

Iā€™m a day late on this, and it looks like I accidentally missed the day last year.

Regardless, Happy Belated Woot Charter Member day!

Hope all the charter members that remain are doing well and maybe even enjoying the woot-off today.

If youā€™ve never checked in here before, please feel free to say hello and post a picture of your cert or post your charter member # if you have it.

3 Likes
Member #
FrostByte 0002314
rhodyfan 0000403
2 Likes

Not a charter member but had a forum exchange plus wager from Snapster himself back in '08 about package arrival date when discussingSmartpost tracking!

My first purchase in 2008 was a shirt
ee9bc618-c032-4718-8dd0-8039033d2b72

but the following month these odd items were among my early wootoff purchases:

2 Likes