Woot going out of business

I have been a woofer for over 10 years. Recently, I received the wrong model of sunglasses and have tried to return them. I have tried to email the support team 10-15 times over the past 3 weeks and have not received any support. I have even tried to contact them across 2 accounts. This leads me to believe that woot is either working on a shoestring budget where they are barely trying to keep the lights on, or they are going out of business. Does anyone have any information on their current state? Has anyone else been having horrible customer support as well? It seems that recently, simple processes have become dysfunctional.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity: Did you message them through the “Stuff You Bought” link or through direct email? While i haven’t used CS a lot, they’ve always responded through the “Stuff I Bought” then the “I Need Help” button next to the relevant order.

Alternatively, if you have the order number handy, you could swap that in for the XXXXXXXXs in this url: Woot Sign-In

3 Likes

@ThunderThighs

Looks like you’re not getting that other shoe.

(*Insert secondary joke about shoestring budget here.)

2 Likes

Yes, I tried that with no luck either. Not sure what’s going on. I tried every form of communication. Even Facebook, and they did contact me back but said they were qualified to help through that platform.

1 Like

Are you using the email that’s linked to your account and checking the spam folder?

1 Like

I hear every time you email them just puts you to the back of the queue.

You should at least get the auto-reply email. “Thanks for submitting…” or whatever. If you don’t get that, check yo’ spam/junk.

2 Likes

Dang it, we’re always the last to know that we’re going out of business.

But seriously, checked in with CS. You emailed once 3 weeks ago but not with the correct email. We require that for security reasons. Make sure your woot.com account has the correct email address.

Then you emailed a bunch of times in the last couple days. Woowee, that really slows down the ol’ customer support mechanisms. No worries though, you’ve been sent a return label.

Unfortunately, our system doesn’t do that magical thing. You get verification on-screen.

3 Likes

Are you sure?

Maybe it’s been awhile since I contacted support…

2 Likes

Some of those URLs give it away.

:laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty old. Different CS system back then.

1 Like

When I saw this topic, I was like:

8 Likes

UPDATE: WOOT IS CLOSING IN 10 MINUTES. PLEASE BRING ALL PURCHASES TO THE FRONT REGISTER.

30 Likes

Is everything $1?

9 Likes

$1 MUG Mugs?

I’ll gladly take 6.

9 Likes

Hold on, just let me try on these 30 things and ask questions about everything in the store. Also, can I see your manager? I have a coupon dated 2006 and I want it honored!

13 Likes

Oh.

They’ll honour your coupon. Just not in the way you would like.

6 Likes

Limit 5 for MUG Mug?!?

7 Likes

Oh. I spent $3 and paid with a $20 but you only gave me change for a $10.

Yes. Yes you did.

I WILL wait until you count your drawer, yes.

9 Likes

STARTS SHUTTING OFF LIGHTS

14 Likes

Ha.

As if Woot could afford to have those lights on.

12 Likes