woot! Got my settlement from PayPal

They dropped $8 into my account as part of the class action lawsuit they settled. Guess I just got the last BOC for free.

Anyone else get a settlement?

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]They dropped $8 into my account as part of the class action lawsuit they settled. Guess I just got the last BOC for free.

Anyone else get a settlement?[/quote]

I got like $3 mailed to me.

What settlement is this?

i don’t know all the details, but i guess PayPal was sued a while back for something and it became a class action lawsuit. One day I got an email from them saying “You may be eligible for a settlement, go fill out these online forms to claim it.”

So I thought, what the hey, if it’s not too much work I’ll take a shot at it. Filled out the form (it was quite short actually) and then forgot about it. Got an email a couple days ago saying the settlement was deposited.

In the future, allgoodpeople, you have to remember to answer “Yes” whenever the question appears : Have you ever been a plaintiff in a lawsuit? Why’d I feel the need to remind you of this? I have no idea.

ooooh, good point! I had never thought of that. lol

Where exactly do they ask you that question again?

Where exactly do they ask you that question again?[/quote]

I think it might be when you have jury duty, but I’m not sure

I think it might be when you have jury duty, but I’m not sure[/quote]

So that’s a good thing, it might help him get out of jury duty!

I think it might be when you have jury duty, but I’m not sure[/quote]

So that’s a good thing, it might help him get out of jury duty![/quote]I tried to get on a jury once, but they kicked me off and wouldn’t tell me why. I found out later the defendent had had sex with a minor, and she was the same age as my daughter (12 years old at the time). I probably would have come out of the box and gone up for manslaughter had I been selected. Always wanted to go on a jury ever since. The guy got 25 years. He’ll be everyone’s chicken from now on.

I’ll probably never be allowed to serve on a jury, b/c one of my undergrad majors was Criminal Justice. [a] not that I would let that influence my decisions…

I got like $3 mailed to me.

What settlement is this?

i don’t know all the details, but i guess PayPal was sued a while back for something and it became a class action lawsuit. One day I got an email from them saying “You may be eligible for a settlement, go fill out these online forms to claim it.”

So I thought, what the hey, if it’s not too much work I’ll take a shot at it. Filled out the form (it was quite short actually) and then forgot about it. Got an email a couple days ago saying the settlement was deposited.

In the future, allgoodpeople, you have to remember to answer “Yes” whenever the question appears : Have you ever been a plaintiff in a lawsuit? Why’d I feel the need to remind you of this? I have no idea.

Where exactly do they ask you that question again?

I think it might be when you have jury duty, but I’m not sure

So that’s a good thing, it might help him get out of jury duty!

I tried to get on a jury once, but they kicked me off and wouldn’t tell me why. I found out later the defendent had had sex with a minor, and she was the same age as my daughter (12 years old at the time). I probably would have come out of the box and gone up for manslaughter had I been selected. Always wanted to go on a jury ever since. The guy got 25 years. He’ll be everyone’s chicken from now on.

I’ll probably never be allowed to serve on a jury, b/c one of my undergrad majors was Criminal Justice. [a] not that I would let that influence my decisions…

reading thru the old threads…

when I did my grand jury service half a year ago we told the DA to bring a child molester to us for justice