Woot is second Amazon?

Hey,
I am new in here, I saw Amazon offer this website to visit and register and i did, and I am here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well… so… see… there are a few things you need to know.

First, no matter what you feel just know the “site used to be better back in the day”.

Second, Amazon - aka The Mothershp - purchased woot some time ago. Some are in the camp this is a good thing and others are living under a rock saying it is a bad thing.

Third - bags of crap are hard to get, and are filled with disappointment. Under no circumstance are you to complain, throw a conniption, or attempt a three-year-old’s tantrum if you do not get one now or even five years from now. It’s crap. Realize that, own it, and live it.

That is all for the moment.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Hey cool!

WELCOME!

We like to keep a tidy place here so pls pick up after yourself.

Trash is to the right.
Restrooms are down the hall to the left.

Please enjoy yourself. Oh, and spends lots of :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

3 Likes

6 Likes

:point_right::sunglasses::point_right:

1 Like

You are wise to follow the commands of the all mighty 'zon!
Your obedience shall be rewarded with deals and shenanigans.

5 Likes

Please do not get the two confused

6 Likes

Welcome to Woot, home of the lowest prices on the internet, can I take your order?

4 Likes

I said I was sorry about that.

4 Likes

Did Doofus catch you?

2 Likes

Haha old Doofy. He’s not speaking to me and it’s awesome.

Hey, on the bright side we all learned you can’t flush a ham bone down the toilet even if it is lightly washed and air dried first.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Fine. I’ll tell the story.

Sometime in the 1990’s there was a couple who decided they didn’t want to pay money to have their trash hauled away. So they recycled everything they could, burnt some, and flushed leftover food stuff down the toilet. That is, until one day the husband tried to flush a ham bone. It got stuck. He tried and tried to get that ham bone out. No luck. So the toilet was replaced.

Well, at the time you couldn’t recycle ceramic, it doesn’t burn, and you can’t flush one toilet down another. Plus, in his mind, it’s still a perfectly good toilet, or it will be once the ham bone rots away. And that my friends is why they have a toilet in their yard.

Lesson learned : composting fits all.

This is a perfect example of when redneck ingenuity fails.

3 Likes

Did they at least plant flowers?

4 Likes

Why would anyone plant flowers in a perfectly good toilet?

But next time I see them I’ll suggest some along with one of those toilet seats with the built in sprinkler.

4 Likes

That would be super classy. Put that bidet on a timer and you’ve got a maintenance free garden!

6 Likes

Wonder if that would be HOA approved.

Pfffft. Woot approves. Go for it.

4 Likes

Well howdy! Welcome to Woot! Don’t be scared off by the enthusiastic community here. Except @qazxswe who you should at least regard with mild dubiousness. We sometimes also have WootOffs which you may recognize as our parent company borrowed the idea from us and called it Prime Day. That said, only our WootOffs have the distinction of always being the Worst WootOff Ever.

Feel free to swing by to kill a few minutes here and there, or if you need some help. We don’t bite. Except @qazxswe but what else do you expect from penguins.

7 Likes

This thread has either made @JamesMorphy a Wooter for life or sent them running for the hills. I hope it’s the former because Woot is great. How many companies would care enough to have three employees, including the CTO, jump onto a thread to welcome a new member?

6 Likes