Woot Limited-Ēdition Birthday Balloons of Celebration

Only 14 of them in stock in each sale, so… The odds are really not in your favor.

Should I back out of the VoP, or should I stick around to see if I managed to actually snagged one?

These limited edition ones are, yes.

I will say, I’m very happy that at least it’s not first woot, first day accounts getting these this time.

Pretty much the receiving experience too.

I’m not joking when I say this (my license proves my honesty). Today is my birthday and I’m really hoping I can get one of these today! Every year I tell people that woot has the same birthday as me.

Excited to (1) have seen this one and (2) made it to the VOP!

Happy to have at least felt like I had a chance, haha.

At least I got to the VOP this time.

I am really dreading my hour and a half (85 mile) commute home from work. :frowning: Will be one I can’t even attempt to get.

Wow, actually got one! Yaaaay!! Hope it’s super disappointing!

So at what point do we give up in the VOP?

Psst… Woot! Watcher Chrome extension is showing new items almost 45s faster than you can refresh and minutes ahead of Twitter. Don’t tell anyone I told you.

Question - what does VOP mean??

can’t justify the $50 purchase with a wedding in less than 25 days.

As I was hammering the F5 key, I saw it pop up and still hit F5 again…that couple second delay may have cost me as I ended up in the VoP…oh well, still fun trying.

I don’t know, but I haven’t yet …

Welcome To The Vestibule Of Patience

Like all vestibules, this is where you stand as you wait to be invited into the main space. Essentially it’s a waiting room for the Bag Of Crap and additional highly coveted products. You and many others are here because the servers are otherwise occupied. And let’s be honest: at this point, you’re probably not going to get anything. We’re sorry. The truth hurts.

But if you want to wait for that one-in-a-billion chance that things might go your way, we’re not gonna stop you. Because if (and that’s a great big if) you happen to be here when your stuff becomes available, you’ll instantly be moved to checkout and invited to buy said stuff.

Again, though, you shouldn’t bet the farm on it. Or even a small portion of the farm. The odds are overwhelmingly against you right now. You’d have to be Han Solo crossed with Rocky to win at this point. Seriously. You just read three whole paragraphs and the page didn’t even change. That should be telling you something…

A regular BOC… I’d give it 5 to 10 minutes (well maybe not for a high profile event like this). For these? A minute or two at most.

missed it by that much

Lol. I’m still patientiently waiting in the VoP even though the page has already advanced. Hope is such a tragic human trait.

Just do what I plan on doing - phone your loved one(s), tell them you will be late, then sit in the parking lot of the nearest fast food chain with a laptop on their wifi. :slight_smile:
Then come home at 21:00.