Wōōt Limited-Edition Birthday Balloons of Celebration

So I’m beginning to think that something might be wrong with the site and / or Twitter links…click on the Twitter link for the BOC’s (just had failed attempt #6) and all it does is send me to the Sellout page with the last listed item…have tried on two different machines + mobile on two different wifi networks & mobile network and three different web browsers and same thing keeps happening…any one else having same issue? Even Wootstalker errors out when the auto pop window opens…could it be that I have been blacklisted and didn’t know it? If anyone from Woot can just let me know if that’s the case that would be awesome! feliz cumpleaños!

I got it!! As long as TT doesn’t “dock” me again, I’m happy. But gee whiz… $50. Guess I shouldn’t complain?

Yup, the new woot is using a caching system and depending what servers you are connected to is what you see. So basically they never added a check to make sure all the systems update before continuing. They just go with hey you have this version, you get this version, and he gets that version.

hate to say it but they implemented this to reduce the crashing and handle the load. But to be honest I have been experiencing the error.woot.com page more frequently than before.

I’m using the Wootstalker app on my phone. Closest I got today was using that. Good luck.

Not really payment denied as order denied. We sold out right as your order was about to process so we have to kill its progress. That is returned with the crappy Denied message.

Oh duh. Forgot that the “denied payment” can be the same as cancelled.

WOW…hopefully whoever’s idea this was did NOT get a promotion…or a piece of the birthday cake…I guess better luck next year for me!

I think I saw a glitch or something. After the ProBook, it kept showing some kind of hand mixer thing at 95%, and then that went away, and the BOC showed up as sold out. The mixer doesn’t show up in the list of items, so I don’t think it was something that was actually for sale. :confused:

Yes I will just have to keep trying that…the past few times have popped open a window for me but then just displayed error messages… Good luck in your search for the BOC!

Missed by 10 minutes… damn commute.

Actually… while I thought this was it. I looked at the email and it states the card charged was my one that doesn’t have any cash on it. I changed it a while back today (and it looks like it worked correctly on the subsequent order).

So it looks like it just tried to charge the wrong card? Or maybe the email is listing the wrong card.

Oh well. Try try again.

I saw the hand mixer too and thought that one would be up there for at least a couple minutes … guess not.

Woot servers are really, really screwing up…

Main Clearance page showed Cuisinart hand blender available (80-90%), but when trying to buy shows sold out. Next thing you know, Special Bee-oh-Cee appears… same thing. Then, the hand blender reappeared.

Time to borrow more than just old inventory from the MotherShip, Woot - get some of their hardware and expertise.

Actually… I figured out my CC problem. And, like most things, it’s my fault. :frowning:

That’s how basically everything works every where all the time. The alternative would be everything takes forever to load.

It’s just usually people are looking at facebook or something and one person getting a comment on their view 400 milliseconds before another person makes no difference.

It does when we’re all racing for 14 items.

The person who did that deserves a raise, because the alternative is us all staring at a server error page for the entirety of the day.

Imagine if in order to get a page on amazon to load you had to sit through a 30 second Vestibule of Patience, if you got it to load at all.

Wootstalker appears useless so far
can’t see items like the craps listed in it.
Got notifications as soon as previous item sold out for
dogbone controller
luminoodle
probook
then
NOTHING for crap
NOTHING for humidifier
NOTHING for necklace fan
NOTHING for monitor
then I DID get the power supply notification
then NOTHING for kindle

Also - can’t reload on wootstalker
so when I did have something from the list - couldn’t reload, exited then can’t get back to it on WS

Been in the VOP about 4 times today…May not be getting a Birthday BOC! So disappointment without disappointment! Well done Woot well done!

Same thing on notifications. It was working and now stopped.

Are the Birthday Craps all gone? Cause there wasn’t one during the past hour.

Woot Watcher is being weird??? Whenever a new sellout item appears, it goes to the earplugs… every time??? Any ideas?