Woot Locker 4/10/19

3 Likes

Twice? Yes, they tried twice. On a new account.

1 Like

I’d allow it. Just to be nice I just would have sent them a banana and $40k worth of Amazon giftcards. I think that’s being very generous and reasonable. Also, its a good profit.

1 Like

I found a great use for the banana

2 Likes

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! 11.1 lbs.!?!?!? That definitely seems hefty! Can’t wait for the big reveal!

Mine is scheduled to deliver on Tues., 4/16 & weighs 2.2 lbs.

FINGERS CROSSED for Bandolier of Carrots even though it’s not!!! :joy::joy::joy:

• Remember things are not always what they seem, there is no spoon & what you see may not be what you think it is!
4 Likes

Moving right along. It was scanned in my home state this morning only 60 miles away.

3 Likes

That means nothing. You know it’s going to take a left turn at Albuquerque.

3 Likes

11 lbs??

9 Likes

My Woot Locker #6 was delivered today. I recorded an unboxing video, but it ended-up not being worth the time to edit it and post to youtube. I got exactly what was shown in the Twitch video. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you want to see an unboxing, go to the original video and watch it in reverse. (Twitch - locker #6 starts around the 41:15 mark)

The only surprise was that the banana has been defaced with a magic marker. Someone wrote the event date and woot locker # on it, which essentially ruins it for anything I would have used it for. (using it for scale in pics, pranks, kid’s kitchen toy, centerpiece, etc…) I assume this was done to mark the occasion and to have something to fondly remember this “fun” experience by, but I’d rather prefer to forget this ever happened.

For $67.67 (yes, I paid shipping so checkout would be faster), I got the following:
1 x defaced plastic banana
1 x set of plastic beach toys
1 x bag of individually wrapped straws
1 x canvas elephant print
1 x crochet/knit purse
1 x ceramic princess figure
1 x ninja express chop thing

While I suppose the value of the ninja, elephant canvas, and straws might almost make this worth the price, I would NOT have purchased this had it not been for the following deceptive language in the write-up:

Is that a stuffed unicorn? Maybe. Is that a brand new Instapot? That TV box seemed awfully light.! Is that an old empty can of Dr. Pibb? YES.
Remember, what you see is what you get. But then again, what you see may not be what you think it is.
Could be a sandwich wrapper, could be a new 100-watt receiver. Could be that what you see isn’t real.

Suggestion for woot: Don’t insinuate the possibility of surprises if there will be no surprises. That’s a jerk move. Don’t flip-flop on telling people they’ll get exactly what they see and in the next sentence tell them what they see may not actually be what they will get. That gives one a reasonable belief there is more than meets the eye. If you do this again, I would advise that you remove any intentionally misleading verbiage from the write-up.

Additionally, the Specs tab says I should have received:
“One (1) manifest detailing the magical contents of the Woot Locker that you just wasted all your money on in AS-IS condition.”
I received no such manifest. Again, this was a tease of more fun and shenanigans that was really just another red herring.

I probably deserve it and probably should have known better, but that does not make it any less of a letdown. Better me than you, I guess… I strongly advise against participating in any future “Woot Locker” events. Learn from my experience.
Feeling Hoodwinked,
bsmith1

7 Likes

So Woot crates are just a more expensive disappointment? That would have been a much better tagline.

Fixed it.
** IMPORTANT NOTE ** This is NOT a Bag o’Crap! Seriously. (BoCs are much cheaper!!)

1 Like

Yes. Reminds me of the more expensive “mystery boxes” that also weren’t BOCs.

This is good feedback. No, really. I’ll pass it along.

7 Likes

How about now?

Can you at least post the video when you revealed this purchase and its actual contents to your significant other?

All kidding aside, I’m sorry this wasn’t much fun. Deep down we all were hoping it would have been a surprise.

5 Likes

She must never find out! I went home at lunch to bring the box in specifically for that reason. It’s currently hidden in the basement until I figure out my next move.

“We must deceive them so as not to hurt them and, in that way, we honor them.” - Dwight K. Schrute

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. This was definitely a test and we knew there would be learnings so your feedback definitely helps.

We actually did plan to put some more mystery type stuff in but everything got bought so fast. :\

Sorry about the missing manifest. That was definitely a miss.

3 Likes

All I can say is thank you for buying before I could, and I’m sorry you didn’t get better stuff. I really thought they’d switch things up and give you at least one surprise. I’m sorry you had to take the hit for us to find that out.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m sorry, too, that you didn’t end up with something really cool (even though you would have never have let any of us forget about your great purchase). Better luck next time.

6 Likes

Honestly, what did you expect?

1 Like

That it would be bought that fast.

1 Like

I bet the guy that cancelled his $50 order for a plastic banana is heaving a sigh of relief right about now.

3 Likes