Woot OMG Deal

You are braver than most. I’ll be looking forward to see what I missed out on.

Ooh, yeah, no I don’t think so. If it were like 84% off list, or if there were a LITTLE bit of a hint about what it might be, then you’d see more people willing to lay down a coupla C-notes. This, my friends? is what is known in the business as a sucker bet.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00004SY4H

We asked a cat what it thought of the deal. Much to our surprise, it replied, ‘woof’.

That sounds like a switch hint to me, but I could be stretching things.

Specs tab says:

Requirements: You must enjoy fun. Wherever. Whenever.

Switch is portable and fun, so…
Edit: but so are headphones…

1 Like

Just confirmed with a inside source.

It is a Nintendo Switch
Unknown if refurbished, though.

They would have used the $399 as the list price.

2 Likes

Not sure Sennheiser is a brand most well known among children. It’s gotta be some kind of gaming console.
Could be a PS4 Slim, no?

How much do I have to pay for the schadenfreude? I always enjoy some of that.

1 Like

:notes:
LAURENS, MULLIGAN, LAFAYETTE:
Oooh

LAURENS:
Who are you?

MULLIGAN:
Who are you?

LAFAYETTE:
Who are you?

LAURENS, MULLIGAN, LAFAYETTE:
Who, who is this kid? What’s he gonna do?
:notes:

1 Like

I’m 99% sure it’s a switch. The “You must enjoy fun. Wherever. Whenever.” from the specs page, combined with the reference to a cat switching to a dog, combined with the the references to children enjoying it and people feeling some nostalgia (referring to old Nintendo systems). Nintendo has used the “Wherever. Whenever.” tagline as marketing for the Switch since before it came out.

The only issue is that I’m hesitant to actually buy a Switch for $245. It’s gone on similar deals many times and there honestly aren’t that many games for it that I want right now. Plus the games are expensive!

3 Likes

It would be a better deal if this was one of the new bundles with the added $35 estore credit

1 Like

Hi Marcee!

What are the rest of the items?

WootStaff you so crazy.

The site says, Condition New… so it can’t be refurb. If it is, that’s ground for a return (even though there is no “return policy” for this)

2 Likes

So, if this is a switch, and it is new, how do you go about getting the manufacturers warranty honored. (i know the listing says 90 day woot warranty, but new is still new). Most manufacturers require proof of purchase, and if the receipt says OMG deal, there is no proof.

our switch problems have arisen between day 90 and 365 (dock not working, wireless controllers not connecting, joy cons drifting etc). not sure a small savings is worth losing the warranty…

Among the reasons why Woot and other discount sites can sell an item for less is when they negotiate that the manufacturer doesn’t have to carry the warranty.

Hi Jbird! :wink:

1 Like

thanks, i’ve always assumed that but never heard/read anyone actually put into words that they negotiate away the warranty