Woot OMG Deal

How are you going to return it? It says no returns unless damaged. Did I miss something?

If you like to read (especially outside), they’re worth the investment. I wouldn’t recommend getting one of the fancy new ones to “try it out”, but get one of the older $20 models and give it a whirl. They’re amazing for travel (no more finding room for multiple books!), reading outside/on the beach (no glare! It’s almost like reading words on a page), you can wear sunglasses while reading, and you don’t have to worry about the battery life on your phone dying (the Kindle battery is AMAZING and can go weeks without charging, depending on your reading habits… ~28-40 hours, depending on the model), and if you leave it on a train or something… you’re out $20 bucks and reading material instead of a more vital device.

I was on the “I don’t see the point” train for a long time. Then I got one for a trip. Now I’m firmly on the “I will always love physical books, but this thing is a game-changer” train.

1 Like

look for TTs post, they are for this one only.

1 Like

You contact Customer Service. They changed the policy on OMG items for this Kindle, explicitly. It’s in this thread. Multiple times.

Thank you. I kinda got discouraged when I found out it was a kindle. So, I stopped following the post. Only came back to say that my paper weight was on the way. :slight_smile:

I just came back myself when I saw the shipment then I noticed the 7 dollar credit and did a WTH on my OMG and came here

Came back here to say that Woot CS have been genuinely great on this (especially TT). I asked for a refund and they accepted no problem.

I really appreciate the no hassle approach for this item. That is something other blind boxes sold by other sites don’t bother with (gives an evil eye to Lootcrate). So a genuine thanks to TT and all of their CS staff.

3 Likes

Pleased to hear folks aren’t having issues convincing support to issue a refund.

2 Likes

Am I correct in the understanding that we still have to pay return shipping on this? While I appreciate that y’all are allowing this to be returned, I don’t think it right that we should have to pay return shipping on something that was, to be as polite as I can be, misleading.

Nah, dawg. They’ll send you a return label to print and affix. (because they’ve made an exception for this item)

Dang, you folks are GOOD. Sure enough, the first (expensive) WOMG was the Switch, and now a Kindle Paperwhite 5th Gen.

Got some Powerball and/or Mega Million numbers for me?

I just saw this in the topic…

Thank you :slight_smile:

02 17 53 48 29 10

Kindle(ing)? They only knocked $7 off???

I’ve always had awesome customer service from Woot from the original and got uber excited when customer service was still great when they switched.

To add insult to injury, mine arrived today and didn’t even include a charging cable.

My last OMG were the wireless Sennheisers that I still haven’t opened and this Kindle, while worth of a shrug, is still a usable product. Like the BOCs, you win some and you lose some. I’ve been thinking about picking up a Paperwhite to force me to read instead of getting distracted by stuff while trying to read on my phone so thanks for reading my mind, Woot!

We didn’t get a wall adapter, but got a cord.

Even worse, now that I have this thing, it appears to be defective, unless dark circles at the bottom and a pinkish glow at top are normal. Time and reboots make no difference. Really bummed this time.

I won’t be home until later this week, so I hope there isn’t a rush time limit on returning it. Disappointment like this is only fun when it’s a Bag of Crap, not when it’s something that’s been described as something expensive at a low price, but instead it’s an outdated used item at a bad price.

ETA: On the bright side, this may have cured my impulse shopping.