Woot OMG Deal

The one you linked has 3G, so that’s actually a better deal than what we paid if that’s the case.

1 Like

Well ain’t that just a slap in the face.

1 Like

See my attached photo - definitely the correct model.

upon further research, I’m even more bummed. This is not OMG. As multiple posters have said, you can purchase better models elsewhere for nearly the same price. What gives, here?

I’m not opening mine. I’d like a refund, even though I know the rules - I just dont feel this product meets the criteria of what was described in the sale. Am I missing something? Do the special offers make the product worth the purchase?

4 Likes

The “Special Offers” is marketing lingo to mean that it’s an ad-supported version, not that you actually get Special Offers (my Touch is the same way). You connect it to Wi-Fi and instead of the ABC screen saver, you get an ad for a book instead. Woo-Hoo! Not a bad deal if you’re buying the thing new (you save, like, $30), but definitely not great on a model that’s 7 years old at this point.

I agree that this doesn’t even come CLOSE to meeting the criteria that was described in the sale. You can get the 3G version for $5 more. You can get a later model for $7 more. Woot is selling this model for less than we paid (Kindle Paperwhite (2012) 6" Reader (S&D))

People should be pretty angry.

5 Likes

Man, that’s a total bummer. I’ve been a wooter for over 10 years (on and off), but i’ve never been this disappointed. That includes quite a few BOCs. I just feel kinda cheated here.

4 Likes

Are you happy with the OMG item you received?

• No. The item received was not as described in the listing.
  • Yes. The price for this item received qualifies as “really cheap”.

0 voters

1 Like

Agreed, this is garbage. This doesn’t even come close to being any kind of deal with something “mad expensive made cheap.”

If this is how they’re going to do things, I’d advise everyone to strongly avoid any such deals in the future. They literally sold you a mystery deal which is worse than currently listed deals, and I suspect it was just a way to ditch a bunch of old paperwhites under the guise of it being something “mad expensive made cheap.”

Come on.

4 Likes

Where is @ThunderThighs to give us the corporate line about the difference between “Scratch and Dent” vs “Mystery Refurb”. I’d like to see her spin how “Buying something for significantly more than we’re currently offering the same product” is even remotely close to the sale described.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m hoping someone from woot steps in and provides some explanation. I’m completely honest in wanting a refund. I dont see the criteria of the sale being met.

Let me know if I need to email directly, please.

thanks,

5 Likes

I’m waiting until I actually receive mine. Assuming it is the items others have posted, I am with you. Partial refund at least.

1 Like

How should woot fix this?

• Coupon for future purchase
  • Partial refund
  • Return item for full refund

0 voters

Agreed. This whole thing reeks of dishonesty. If this is how woot! is conducting business now, they’ve lost a customer.

I’m not even bothered that it’s a kindle. I’m bothered that by no definition of the word is it a deal when the exact same product is being sold on the exact same site for $6 less. That’s just a scam.

6 Likes

Right? I bought it hoping it was a Kindle, to be honest. I’ve been thinking about upgrading, and this was the perfect opportunity to get something that I’d assumed would be nice for a decent price. Assuming that we’re all getting a 5th Gen Paperwhite, though… I overpaid and feel swindled.

1 Like

What if you ask Woot if you can refuse the package and get a full refund?

1 Like

Wow, Woot, this is bad. The first OMG deal I got was $150 item for $40. Now we get a $25 - $45 item for $40? This is underhanded and dishonest. This is not big savings nor a deal. TT, what is Woot going to do to make this right?

7 Likes

That’s an idea, but I probably wouldn’t be home nor able to catch the ninja mail carrier.

Definitely disappointed about this deal. I have no use for an old kindle that is not even worth what I paid. I guess Woot wants to lose some customers over this. I thought it would be something at least worth what I paid.

1 Like

You people just don’t understand business—if they had said “Hey, here’s your chance to get, depending on where you look, up to 20% off something that’s been refurbished, and we’re not going to tell you what it is”, you wouldn’t have bought it.

1 Like

“This is an Outrageous Mystery Goody, not a BoC . We take something mad expensive, make it really cheap, but don’t really tell you what it is. Why? We have our reasons. But they are good ones.”

Just got my “Not mad expensive” Kindle. Also - Not really cheap. @Woot, very disappointed.

Oh also… “disappointing/pissing-off everyone who bought this” is NOT a good reason…

3 Likes