Woot OMG Deal

It’s stated as a full refund - I’m an amazon customer, so I didnt pay any shipping fee…assume it would be full for everyone.

Ok. Just curious if they offered to send you a shipping label. Otherwise you’ll have to pay (fedex/usps/ups) to ship it back.

1 Like

I definitely won’t be purchasing anymore mystery deals. Highly disappointed. Been a customer since 2011…i think

2 Likes

Is it really the one that they’re also selling for $33.99? (although I guess in a better condition?) I mean this is Woot, we’re all about the deals, I would have opted for a slightly more scuffed one for $7 cheaper if I thought that was a possibility. I thought it would be a Kindle and I was kind of excited, I have an ancient Kindle Keyboard that I love but I wanted one with a built-in light. And I guess I still will use this one. But I don’t think I will be a loyal Wooter anymore after all these years (I guess it looks like I only joined last year or something, but that’s because I did the Amazon login and never figured out if I could link my old account, which has to go back 11-12 years at least). I know it wasn’t actually a personal insult, but it kind of feels like it.

2 Likes

I told myself I wouldn’t after last time, but I was also told they learned their lesson. I guess the lesson was to do the same crap with a more expensive item.

1 Like

They did send a return label, yes.

2 Likes

Nice. Thanks.

They offered 7$ refund if I wanted to keep it - so to me they felt it was the same (or near the same) product.

1 Like

How did you reach out to them? I’m also an Amazon Customer, but just realized that they also charged me for shipping… (talk about insult to injury).

I called Woot. They are sending us all a $7 refund and a $10 coupon

6 Likes

what was the last item like this? I heard folks got a great item one time? I always enjoy the mystery of a BOC and have definitely gotten more crap than usefulness - but it’s still fun. I have items throughout my house that i’ve used over the years from BOCs…

In the email they sent saying it arrived, i clicked the support link then followed the trail to return.

Did they say whether or not we’d have to reach out to them? Because that sounds quite fair.

Hello all.

We discovered while the sale was live that we didn’t price it correctly. This was due to miscommunication on our part. We’ve been working towards a resolution. We now have it. You will be getting an email very soon.

You are getting an immediate $7 refund. If you are happy with the Kindle at that price, there’s nothing more to do. If you’re still unhappy, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support. They’ll help you with a return authorization and label. You do not pay shipping.

As to the one that is for sale on the site that you’ve been talking about. That was a scratch & dent. The one we sold is what Amazon calls “Used - good condition” which is better than S&D.

12 Likes

I think most of them have actually been pretty good, but THIS ONE was sold for $11.99 and the listing claimed it was being sold on amazon for $19.94. (narrator voice: It wasn’t) The item received was an expansion pack for Cards Against Humanity. The deal sucked for 2 main reasons:
a) it wasn’t even worth the $11.99 (let alone the alleged $19.94)
b) it required the full game to even use
I ordered 2, so I was out $26.17 after tax for 2 expansion packs for a card game I don’t play. I have yet to recoup the money lost.

3 Likes

Better deal than we got on the CAH sale. I know this goes against everything Woot is about but I learned from the OMG sale that ended up being CAH, If I don’t know what I am buying, I don’t need it. (Of course this excludes BOC’s!)

I don’t mess with OMG sales any longer…

3 Likes

I got the email. No mention of the coupon. That may only be for squeaky wheels who contact support… After tax, I ultimately paid $36.65 for this ancient “used-good” condition Kindle… I’d feel much better if that was under $30. I’ll decide what to do when I get it. Wife loved her old school kindle. (it had a keyboard and cellular connection, though)
Decisions…

2 Likes

I was just offered the $7 as well. After reading the posts and what you all thought it was (which turned out to be right) I though, it’s an OMG deal and they are misleading and it’s actually going to be something pretty awesome for $40. Like most of you guys, I figure as woot moved to Amazon, it’s just the Walmart clearance section of Amazon. At least if you bought the one currently offered on woot, you can return it. So $33 for a returnable Kindle, or $33 for a non returnable. Plus this one has the marketing built into the tablet, unlike my old one. Yeah, we all got duped big time.

2 Likes

I got my email about the $7 refund. Is the $10 coupon a real thing? Or just because he called?

1 Like