Woot OMG Deal

In fairness, they have made an exception and it IS now returnable. Contact support and they’ll sort you out.

What I don’t get, is how is this an OMG deal? OMG deals are $60 Lollapalooza tickets. Not the same price with a Groupon code. For a truly OMG deal, one would almost expect it to be like half off. Even the $229 deal was %23 off.

1 Like

Hmmmmm… As always, I’ll leave the decision to keep/return to my wife.

1 Like

Wise words. My dilemma is I did not allow her to make the decision regarding the initial purchase. So, either way, I’m kinda in the dog house.

1 Like

I kinda think you’re always in the doghouse.

2 Likes

To my knowledge a $10 coupon was never part of the discussion.

Well I guess this is my last OMG deal. Even the $7 refund doesn’t make this worth it.

1 Like

Then contact CS and return it. We’re allowing it for this item.

1 Like

I tend to agree. Even at the new $32.99 price, it’s only $1 cheaper than woot was selling an identical item which was listed as slightly worse condition. If I bought a “scratch and dent” item and it showed up in “used-good” condition with a $1 discount, I don’t think I would exclaim “OMG!” At least 20% off woot’s normal price should be the benchmark.

3 Likes

I plan on it but it’s all just a pain that I have to go through now because of the misleading deal. Oh well.

Got my automatic $7 emailed refund - that was easy! And, since my new-old Kindle looks pristine and got here ULTRA fast, I’m happy enough.

Honestly, if I hadn’t read this thread, I probably would have thought it was a fair price, since I’m a little lazy and wouldn’t have bothered to try and find out the “true” value since the Kindle I got seems decent and was nicely packaged. (And, just the leather case for my other Paperwhite cost more than I spent on this one.)

That said, this wasn’t and still isn’t really an awesome deal, so I’ll be more cautious with future OMG deals.

But, now I’m really curious to see what my sports OMG (hammock?) actually turns out to be. Tomorrow!

1 Like

Hey, what if I don’t want to know my ancestry? !?!?!

Find a friend that does. I’ve done both Ancestry & 23&Me. It’s pretty interesting.

2 Likes

I may do it, kind of worry about giving my DNA data to the interwebs, may have to use a pseudonym

Lord knows I can print out all my results now

1 Like

$7 is also the cost of a label so it’s worth them to offer. At the age my issue is how long will amazon even support it. If it was 2016 model maybe. Just a poor experience

1 Like

All I know is I got a $10 coupon code in the email I got.

Dear Woot!..…

When you have customers putting their complete faith in your OMG deal, it’s also putting faith in you as a company that in fact, when I get the item, I will not say OMG this is aweful. When you do this you better sure as hell be offering the most amazing deal we can’t get anywhere else - and when you realize it’s not, it better sure as hell be one makeup. So far the only offer I’ve gotten is the immediate 7$ back but in all honesty, I think Woot should have refunded the FULL amount in the form of a credit so that I would return to this site, OR allow the return of the product for full refund… This whole thing reeks. On the heals of my last purchase being advertised incorrectly (picture without a part number for the wrong product, and after I called it out they didn’t fix it) and getting a broken Chromebook 2 months ago, I’m all but tapped out. I don’t know if management has changed recently or what but This aint the Woot of the good ol days. Regularly, I now have to actually copy and paste the listing and google search so that I know I’m actually getting a good deal that couldn’t be had elsewhere. This, has absolutely been the last straw.

Signed, I Can’t Believe It’s Not at least Butter

2 Likes

I found this list helpful:

I’ll have to check the serial number to see exactly what it is when I get it.

Also says it’s only worth up-to $25 trade-in value if you want a newer one…
https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Trade-In/b?node=10825010011