Woot Research Scientists

Wow! I was browsing the job listings at “Careers at Woot” Careers at Woot - Woot for the heck of it and I noticed that all of the listings require the ability to work with Research Scientists.

Work with Product Managers, Vendor Managers, Research Scientists, Data Engineers, senior leaders, and a host of teams inside Amazon to learn, get access to troves of data, and deliver automation, tooling, and applications of those ever useful ML models.

I never suspected there was such a creature. Do tell, what does a Woot Research Scientist do?

research

3 Likes

I’m picturing people in white lab coats industriously researching new deal promotions people will “love” and how to fling screaming monkeys at each other and get paid for it.

5 Likes

We don’t allow the research scientists out much so to work with them, you have to be comfortable with small dark rooms and uncomfortable stares as they wonder why you invaded their space.

6 Likes

Sounds great. Where do I sign up?

3 Likes

They test the arrangement and mixtures of the contents in the Bags of Crap in order to achieve maximum disappointment.

5 Likes

I’m so confused.

3 Likes

Welcome to Woot! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hold on. I’ve got a lifetime of experience testing out the many ways of letting people down and excel at staring down personal space invaders. Sounds like a dream job, except for that “work” part.

4 Likes

I’M RESEARCHING HOW I CAN SNEAK OUT OF HERE EARLY TODAY

5 Likes

be sure to apply the scientific method…
Question: I wonder if I can sneak out?
Research: Have others done it? What might stop me?
Hypothesis: I bet I can sneak out today…
Testing: Try to sneak out.
Analyze data: Did it work? Yes!
Repeat the Test to eliminate variables: Sneak out tomorrow!
Share your results with your close co-workers. (or maybe not)

2 Likes

Where’s Indiana Jones?

1 Like

Proceed with caution: [spoiler]http://files.explosm.net/comics/Kris/using.png[/spoiler]

5 Likes

“I have a meeting with a client that happens to be only a couple miles from my home.”

3 Likes

Research scientist:
Who, what, why at woot today
It is my dream job!

1 Like