Woot turns 17!

@davejlives Will the bocs being sold today have the possibility of containing a letter?

3 Likes

i believe so but we’ll have to wait for the brain trust to return…

5 Likes

Sweet! Thanks.

3 Likes

we’re working on the plan for how to bundle stuff up next week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Kind of mad work servers blew up when I want to just play on woot off day.

I do have to ask, how on earth did the silly midnight madness crash MY work servers? You don’t even know where I work woot.

1 Like

woot is just malware

6 Likes

Awe man… double sad now… but the rules be the rules… Cardboard box house anit going to build itself. Sleep time! Thank you for the answer!!

2 Likes

There’s a shirt in this for some artist.

2 Likes

@Se7enty9 Scroll up.

2 Likes

Your graphic for “Next up” shows the PRICE for the watch (not your usual practice)…

Although the next one shows the same info…
Things change, or my memory does, anyway.

Edited:

That’s not a direct confirmation.

That’s a drunk cat holding a carrot infront of a mob of hungry animals.

3 Likes

I AWAYS MISS THE BOCs AND I FINALLY GOT ONE
MUAHAHAHAHA

5 Likes

Weird “Buyer’s Remorse” - asking myself if BoCs are any better/different/“riper?” later in the day… I mean, if there are THOUSANDS, should I take the first one I can catch-and-trip, or wait for a maybe “fatter/tastier” one?

Too late now, AND I’ve freed myself from the constant “hovering” over the “click to buy” button - I can get on with my actual real work (which pays for this insidious obsession)…

2 Likes

They’re made in advance, with no differentiation based on the listing.

The only thing which could change, is if a letter is put in.

But that would be a user thing, not a box thing.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes

I too am feeling this but I think this was the first one of the day since the Woot Off began and that has me hopeful for whatever reason… Ive also never had one before so i’m theory I can’t be too judgy about what I get cuz I have no basis for what it even might look like… but either way I hope whatever you get keeps you fightin for em in the future! :raised_hands: :briefcase: :poop: :poop:

1 Like

i JUST heard the woot off anthem. Hahhahah genius!!!

That’s normal right?

1 Like

Trying to imagine “BoC filling”:
“Lovingly packed”, versus
“Hey, Larry, where’d you leave the shovel?”

Pretty sure the “customer-facing” monkeys make too much to get personally involved with that, although I seem to recall TT saying something about it IS “all hands on deck” when they’re cleaning the older small stuff off the shelves, filling these boxes… I’ll bet there’s a potential documentary there …

Not gonna lie… My heart has broken for never getting a bag of crap. Woot has put a flaming bag of dog crap on my heart.

Your chances are good today, if you obsess, sitting there ready to immediately click that “Buy Now” button EVERY TIME the offering changes. If NOT a BoC, cancel by clicking the cart, then “remove” etc. If you don’t get into the order process immediately, VoP instead, then “refresh the page” repeatedly (by pulling the page down from the top to get the “circle, clocking” reloading indication - you can practice THAT anytime, any page - it supposedly preserves your place “in line”) until you get thru the “Vestibule of Patience” and place that ultimate Order.