WOOT! vs mb.

This was me on woot.com when they offered the BOC:

This has been me since MB started:

my BOC included a Dick Tracy T-shirt, two pucks, and a coupon bag. nice booty for my first BOC.

MB?

I believe that is the wrong answer, Rev! WOOT wins!

As in “The barrel was full, but now it’s mb.”

A site that is trying in some small way to copy woot. Doesn’t even come close. In one month only one deal has been a real deal. The rest… well they basically sucked!

I am guessing they won’t be around much longer.

A site that is trying in some small way to copy woot. Doesn’t even come close. In one month only one deal has been a real deal. The rest… well they basically sucked!

I am guessing they won’t be around much longer.[/quote]
I thought the Dirt Devil and the JVC car radio were good. But other than that,
you’re right. Not much there.

midnight box

midnight box[/quote]
Lol…sorryfor my reply, Rev…thought I’d seen you there.

HAHA. I went to check it out and started looking at the forum and guess who was the first poster, our very own “pete”. What a hoser.

This is what he said,

Ok… I can feel it… something good is gonna happen… I hope it’s tonight!!

Edit: well maybe not tonight Smile Soon I hope. I know MB is gonna come through. Hook us up MB.

Last edited by Pete on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

For all the best deals, coupon codes and freebies… check out…

http://www.whatsyourdeal.com

FREE $10 @ overstock.comhttp://www.whatsyourdeal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4933

Smile

seems like he likes it just fine contrary to his post up at the top of this thread.

[quote user=“kerristar”]
seems like he likes it just fine contrary to his post up at the top of this thread. [/quote]

With a little more reading “between the lines” you might realize that Pete could have been making a joke - it appears that site sells vacuum cleaners relatively often.

[quote user=“obob”][quote user=“kerristar”]
seems like he likes it just fine contrary to his post up at the top of this thread. [/quote]

With a little more reading “between the lines” you might realize that Pete could have been making a joke - it appears that site sells vacuum cleaners relatively often.[/quote]

I doubt it.

[quote user=“kerristar”][quote user=“obob”][quote user=“kerristar”]

With a little more reading “between the lines” you might realize that Pete could have been making a joke - it appears that site sells vacuum cleaners relatively often.[/quote]

I doubt it.[/quote]
No, actually you are wrong. He posts his link, which is his right, but says more about Woot than you do. You will see, I have several hundred posts there as well, bought a couple things, (the Radio Shack Image Viewers are what gave me my points, which I was looking on the net for weeks for and not many purchases) and most of the people there are wooters. When you live on the East Coast, 1:00am is a tough time to hit, so we do something to keep us entertained.
I actually feel bad for them (not really) because every business deserves a shot at the big time. MB is not going to make it.
Also, as much as we all like to bash Pete, if you take a real look at his site, you can score some serious discounts that you might not otherwise know about. Hey, don’t use Pete’s site if you have such hatred, but you are using someone’s link (suggestions. learnings, etc), whether it’s verbal or written in evrything you do.

Networking is key, even for Woot.

ok, so, let me make sure I understand the idea with Mb.

they post an item at midnight, but you don’t know what it is. the item is not fully revealed until 22 hours later.

i might splurge $8 on a BOC, but that’s $8. and to be honest, you know up front it’s crap. Why would i drop serious money on a real product i can’t even identify?

[quote user=“Woody1”]I actually feel bad for them (not really) because every business deserves a shot at the big time. MB is not going to make it.
[/quote]

well, perhaps there may be room as a niche site. seems woot is even getting big enough that they can’t sell all the stuff people want to pass through here. thus the weekend woots now.

there may well be room for people to pick up whatever woot can’t handle. kind of like those little fish that attach themselves to sharks.

ooh, i kind of like steepandcheap.com. they’ve got a lot of outdoorsy kind of stuff. i never realized there were so many woot-style sites out there. is woot the first and the rest are copiers? or was it someone else’s idea and woot just seems to be having the most success?

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]ok, so, let me make sure I understand the idea with Mb.

they post an item at midnight, but you don’t know what it is. the item is not fully revealed until 22 hours later.

i might splurge $8 on a BOC, but that’s $8. and to be honest, you know up front it’s crap. Why would i drop serious money on a real product i can’t even identify?[/quote]

And hence if you read the posts we Btch about that every single day. You would think they would get a CLUE by now? What really makes it suck, is that there are people guessing and posting what the stuff is after an hour or two. Well when they first started, some were able to crack their feed and actually see the product. Hence some jump to a remorsefull purchase of a not-so-bargain bargain after all. FYI - their MB BOC was just that, Real live useless, worthless, not even mentioning type of crap. We all went for it and were burned. They charge $5 for each shipment an allow up to 5 for the day. So that day most spent $25 on shipping and $.05 for the MB BOC because they posted the MSRP @ $32.xx each. Well everyone got 1 box full of crap and the shipping labels said $3.58 to $4.90 or so, and the amount of a 5 BOC could not have been worth $3.00 even at retail. I only bought 1 BOC and that’s what I got. Crap and retail of the 10 CDRW’s and t-shirt could not have been more than $.50 and shipping was $2.53.

Live and learn.

I believe that is the wrong answer, Rev! WOOT wins![/quote]

word!

I believe that is the wrong answer, Rev! WOOT wins![/quote]

word![/quote]
Just visited the site for the first time.
Looks pretty weak. WOOT ALL THE WAY.

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]ok, so, let me make sure I understand the idea with Mb.

i might splurge $8 on a BOC, but that’s $8. and to be honest, you know up front it’s crap. Why would i drop serious money on a real product i can’t even identify?[/quote]

And the grand prize goes to: allgoodpeople (yea!)

Seriously, though, that’s pretty much been the topic of discussion over there. Starting price is a $100 w/ no clues, and then by the time you know what it is, it’s not worth it anymore. I don’t have the money to spend on stuff I might not be able to use, or sell to someone else and get my money back.