WOOT! vs mb.

[quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“allgoodpeople”]ok, so, let me make sure I understand the idea with Mb.

they post an item at midnight, but you don’t know what it is. the item is not fully revealed until 22 hours later.

i might splurge $8 on a BOC, but that’s $8. and to be honest, you know up front it’s crap. Why would i drop serious money on a real product i can’t even identify?[/quote]

And the grand prize goes to: allgoodpeople (yea!)

Seriously, though, that’s pretty much been the topic of discussion over there. Starting price is a $100 w/ no clues, and then by the time you know what it is, it’s not worth it anymore. I don’t have the money to spend on stuff I might not be able to use, or sell to someone else and get my money back.[/quote]
It’s far too much money to bother with.

HAHA, if you view the page source on midnightbox.com you can see that they added woot into their keywords.

meta name=“keywords” content=“MidnightBox.com, MidnightBox, Midnight Box, woot.com, w00t.com, woot, w00t”

[quote user=“waxedstrong”]HAHA, if you view the page source on midnightbox.com you can see that they added woot into their keywords.

meta name=“keywords” content=“MidnightBox.com, MidnightBox, Midnight Box, woot.com, w00t.com, woot, w00t”[/quote]
HA!

Although I admit that trying to guess the product is kinda fun. I doubt I’ll ever buy anything though, but that gives me an hour of fun before the woot is up.

Well… some imaginative fun, since no clue is posted until 1am when the woot is up. Still, mystery is fun but impulse spending only works on cheap stuff when I don’t know what it’s going to be.

$14 is tempting though.

today’s is cheap enough for me to buy though.
I wonder what I bought…

today’s is cheap enough for me to buy though.
I wonder what I bought…[/quote]

It’s that Mouse by S+ark thing…

[url]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6928569&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat23300050003&id=1097580634151[/url]

I’m pretty certain of it… just a slightly different color option.

Tonight’s woot is definately cooler, but I don’t have $800 in impulse cash.

[quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“allgoodpeople”]ok, so, let me make sure I understand the idea with Mb.

they post an item at midnight, but you don’t know what it is. the item is not fully revealed until 22 hours later.

i might splurge $8 on a BOC, but that’s $8. and to be honest, you know up front it’s crap. Why would i drop serious money on a real product i can’t even identify?[/quote]

And the grand prize goes to: allgoodpeople (yea!)

Seriously, though, that’s pretty much been the topic of discussion over there. Starting price is a $100 w/ no clues, and then by the time you know what it is, it’s not worth it anymore. I don’t have the money to spend on stuff I might not be able to use, or sell to someone else and get my money back.[/quote]

wha . . . who? Me? I won! aw jeez! You love me! You really really love me!

What is MB up to? I have to go and see. They really stepped it up over there, but sales are still sucking for them. Sad, but whatever…, I bought something a few days ago out of pity. Actually needed it, but It was just sad [z]

Their product offerings still suck (mostly), but they’re getting better about the clue things. And if you check the forums, the product is usually known within the first couple of hours now.

[quote user=“Binaural”]

Their product offerings still suck (mostly), but they’re getting better about the clue things. And if you check the forums, the product is usually known within the first couple of hours now.[/quote]

It’s all a matter of perspective as to what products suck, though.

If I had peeked over there a couple of days ago, I might have grabbed the BBQ thermometer with glee. I’ve been waffling for weeks over buying the exact same product for $25 from [link]http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10043977&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=236&hierPath=114*115*236*[/link]

Not that saving six bucks is any big deal, though.

[quote user=“obob”]

If I had peeked over there a couple of days ago, I might have grabbed the BBQ thermometer with glee. I’ve been waffling for weeks over buying the exact same product for $25 from [link]http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10043977&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=236&hierPath=114*115*236*[/link]

Not that saving six bucks is any big deal, though.[/quote]

I felt the same way. I really didn’t now that a wireless one for $25 existed, and our electronic meat fork has died, so it was good timing for me.

[quote user=“obob”]

If I had peeked over there a couple of days ago, I might have grabbed the BBQ thermometer with glee. I’ve been waffling for weeks over buying the exact same product for $25 from Costco

Not that saving six bucks is any big deal, though.[/quote]

Of course, perspective varies. Actually, your bbq thermometer was one of the things that I was referring to as sucking.

[quote user=“Binaural”]

Of course, perspective varies. Actually, your bbq thermometer was one of the things that I was referring to as sucking.[/quote]
A wireless BBQ thermometer is just wrong.

By the way, you do know that your link to MB has been edited, right?

[quote user=“Snookered”]
By the way, you do know that your link to MB has been edited, right?[/quote]

As I was reading this thread I was taking note of what I was gonna say, and that was one thing I noticed too.

To me MB just doesn’t have the best stuff. Steep&cheap has good stuff if you’re an outdoors person. Deal.com used to have their sorta thing where the price went down every 15 mins. it was mostly clothes.
But to the q of who else does woot type stuff… well there aren’t too many stores that just sell 1 thing a day, silverjeweleryclub changes products every 15 mins.
And there’s lots of stores that do a ‘deal of the day’ type thing.

oh… and if anyone wants to stick dealtaker.com in their sig, feel free :wink:

[quote user=“Snookered”]

Yep. Well, not edited, per se. It’s one of woot’s censored phrases. Actually, woot censoring stuff is the only reason I have any of those sites in my signature.

[quote user=“Binaural”]

Yep. Well, not edited, per se. It’s one of woot’s censored phrases. Actually, woot censoring stuff is the only reason I have any of those sites in my signature.[/quote]
Well, yeah, that’s what i meant.
Might scare the kids!

Next thing ya know, we’ll be burning posts.

If we are post burning, I want to use my wireless BBQ therm. I don’t want to be near the riots.

[quote user=“Snookered”]

Something has to watch the meat, caus the fridge is indoors holding the sixpacks cold

[quote user=“wootdedo”]
I thought the Dirt Devil and the JVC car radio were good. But other than that,
you’re right. Not much there.[/quote]

The Dirt Devil was good, haven’t really cared for much else. More like pitty purchases. Reminds me of a few T-Rex’s and Motorola products, Hmmm[h]