WootAlerts - Suggestions?

I know all of you love the WootAlerts (well, at least about 1500 of you) and I am always interested in ways of making them better. One recent suggestion (from Snapster himself) was to also list the product in the Subject line, which is convenient for some mobile devices.

Does anyone else have some suggestions? Please leave your idea/comments/etc here.

Also, remember that these alerts are delivered to all different places: email, cell phones, pages, blackberrys, etc. So something like, including the entire product description, wouldn’t work out.

Thanks!

-Russell (The WootAlert Guy)

I think WAs works well just the way it is, but obviously I’d take the suggestion of Snapster. My alerts usually go to gmail, so I can see the nightly woot from the snippet. Keep it simple and thanks again for a great service!

…and feel free to still fix my pic, hehe…couldn’t resist.

Include a “Buy” link that goes straight to the order page, rather than the product info? Save a click, especially when the server is overloaded from BoCs. :slight_smile:

I agree with the Subject line suggestion. I just signed up for WAs the other day, and when Yahoo messenger popped up saying I had an email, and the subject was “none,” I was disappointed.

Yes - filling in the subject line with the same detail in the first line of the body would be great.

Other possibilities:

1. Options to receive simple, short plain text version or fancy HTML version
  2. Links directly to the “I want one” page in the email
  3. Register wootalert.net and set up a quick and dirty page to allow people to sign up and set delivery preferences

:slight_smile:

gerg

I think WAs works well just the way it is, but obviously I’d take the suggestion of Snapster. My alerts usually go to gmail, so I can see the nightly woot from the snippet. Keep it simple and thanks again for a great service!

…and feel free to still fix my pic, hehe…couldn’t resist.

http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/203686.gif

Include a “Buy” link that goes straight to the order page, rather than the product info? Save a click, especially when the server is overloaded from BoCs. :slight_smile:

I agree with the Subject line suggestion. I just signed up for WAs the other day, and when Yahoo messenger popped up saying I had an email, and the subject was “none,” I was disappointed.

Yes - filling in the subject line with the same detail in the first line of the body would be great.

Other possibilities:

1. Options to receive simple, short plain text version or fancy HTML version
  2. Links directly to the “I want one” page in the email
  3. Register wootalert.net and set up a quick and dirty page to allow people to sign up and set delivery preferences

:slight_smile:

gerg

drive down yammer