Wootsville Wooters' Hang Out

HEEELLLLOOOOOO!

3 Likes

let's begin again new day GIF by Chippy the dog
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!! What’s Shakin’ Bacon… oh Cwap, I’m starting a diet today.

1 Like

Hey Fox in Socks, Did you have a nice Easter?
fox GIF

3 Likes

It was a bit rough. I had a migraine all day saturday. Ended up getting sick that evening. I wanted to start working on building the greenhouse on sunday, but I am a bit fragile the next day, so I slept and relaxed a bit.

3 Likes

I hate those those type of days… It’s been rough for me too lately (I was dropped off the empire state building… or at least my back thinks I was) BUT THAT MY FAVORITE STITCH MEME!!! So, that just made my day!! I hope you feel better super soon! I want an ooey gooey bagel but I promised myself NO MORE STARCH OR SUGARS - I can’t button my jeans from the steroids… oh, from eating like jigglypuff.

4 Likes

I have way too many yummy leftovers for there to be any new diets stated today :yum:

My back is killing me today from all the cooking, but it was delicious! The rest of the food pics that didn’t get posted yesterday:

Chicken Shawarma with Onions and Whole Wheat Couscous

Cheese & Meat/Pickle Trays

Deviled Eggs

Roasted Honey, Butter & Dill Carrots

Roasted Garlic Parsnips

6 Likes

I’ve been “watching” my sodium. My BP is too damn high…
I have gotten less migraines since I have been cutting the sodium back. It may or may not be related.
I am using Potassium Choride instead of Sodium Chloride. It’s not as salty, but it works for most things. Using it in cream of wheat, coco-wheats or oatmeal is a big no-no. When I add sugar to it, it tastes like dirty dish water. Bleuch!

Spring is here and each day the green house sets in the box, is one day later that my garden will get planted… Oh, well. Last year I lost quite a bit of crops from a mid may frost. So if it goes out in the end of may, or early June, at least I know it will be safe from frost…

I could not live without starch. I mean I could, but I would just need to eat a veggie tray every day.

3 Likes

I could still eat NOM NOM NOM!!! Drive it over! hahah

2 Likes

I’m just going back to leans and greens, I used to be a “thick & strong, russian, german, polish athlete type” now I feel like a big turd. I was able to get my bp down to a normal rate (still now) by drinking organic hibiscus tea with liquid stevia nom nom nom and there is also a nature bp supplement called pressure optimizer. Obvs, I am not a certified MD… so check yoself. I really do know it’s not always always about salt (though you could switch to natural pink Himalayan but you still can’t go nuts with it.) Get some organic Onion granules and Garlic and use those a lot! Naggity Naggity Nag! My piece of dung insurance company won’t let me get an MRI until I finish PT 3 times per week… Hellooooooo I’m a full time round the clock caretaker… I can’t even run to Macy’s… heck, right now I can’t even run!! sigh

1 Like

@daveinwarshington Do you have any of your wife’s deviled eggs?? Or, MissIndecisiveCheffy Pants… any left? EVERYTIME someone says deviled eggs… I crave them.

2 Likes

I need to learn how to make them. I’m pretty sure it’s easy, I just need to do it. I have at on of eggs in my fridge right now. May have to experiment this week.

4 Likes

I have been drinking (hibiscus) tea for a while, I got off track, I will pick it back up again. I stopped coffee for a about a month. I don’t think it is bad for long term BP, just short term raise, as I have read. Plus it help regulate the sugars in your blood stream… Unless it is just propaganda from big coffee… LOL
My wife does keto-ish and so cooking two different meals kinda sucks. Most of the time I just eat pasta and she scrounges around for whatever because she feels bad to have me cook twice. But then I feel bad because I know she is scrounging around for stuff to eat. She isn’t a confident cook and it takes her forever to make the simple-ist of things.

The hidden sodium is what I was surprised about. Mozzarella, cottage cheese, etc. Far higher than I would have expected.

2 Likes

Yes. They were great. No pics though…
She had to make fewer then she wanted, our eggs are too ‘fresh’.
If eggs are just a day or two old, they won’t peel cleanly at all.
Any that didn’t peel cleanly are now egg salad.

4 Likes

Yep, plenty left! Gonna have some for lunch.
I always overcook for the holidays, because I like the leftovers :yum:

3 Likes

This chick can cook … I need my back back lol back back. And yes, I have to make 4 different diets each meal… One is gluten and dairy free, one has diabetes… Etc…

3 Likes

Haaaa did you see the response to WilliDavi winning,. I SERIOUSLY LOL’ed

UPDATE 4/5/21 at 11:00am CT: Because you freaks posted over 28,000 times, there are 28 (!) “winners,” listed by post number. HERE THEY ARE:

189 @gabizago
1576 @coderunner02
2012 @Queen89
3531 @nicealves
4340 @wootdamn
5446 @bchlor4evr
6378 @jcollom
7477 @Williamdavi (ugh)
HAHHAAAAA

5 Likes

love 'em

Dave’s desk and I…Let’s see what gets sent this time. Last time was a treat!

1 Like

Oh yeah!! I wonder where he wants the pics of the boxes?? @davejlives

End of post 2, I believe

2 Likes