Workman 17 or 22 Foot Multi-Configuration Ladder

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Workman 17 or 22 Foot Multi-Configuration Ladder
Price: $149.99 - 189.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Feb 06 to Tuesday, Feb 07) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Workman 17 or 22 Foot Multi-Configuration Ladder) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Workman 17 or 22 Foot Multi-Configuration Ladder) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Workman - Google Shopping 17 or 22 Foot Multi-Configuration Ladder)

17 ft Reviews
22 ft Review

*WL-0117 - 17 Foot

As an extension ladder height ranges from 9 to 17 feet

WL-0122 - 22 Foot

As an extension ladder height ranges from 11 to 19 feet*

So is the 22 Foot ladder actually a 19 Foot ladder?

This is a standard in the ladder industry. While frustrating (and similar to calling 720p laptops “HD”), because it is an industry stnadard it’s kind of hard to call woot out for this. The 22’ little giant brand ladder is also only 19’ long.

Woot: Thank you for offering the 22’ length. For folks with a 2-story home, that is more likely to meet their needs than a the 17’ model

Also woot: I suspect the 17’ model only goes to 15’ actual length. Specs may need to be updated. (Confirmed by the product page on the mothership)

Good point. Confirmed it on the Workman Ladder site. Features are updated.

What is the web address of the Workman Ladder site?

Does workman sell attachments for this ladder, or does any of the competing brands’ attachments work with this ladder?

https://www.workmanladders.com/

I wish I knew how tall my house was…I’d love to be able to clean my own gutters and get up on the roof.

I have had a little giant for over a decade. That was the original multi configuration ladder.

The positioning around the Workman and the Little Giant is that you can fully extend it to get to 17 or 22 feet. I think that’s ridiculous. The ladder will have to be laid flat on the ground and then attempted to be stood up. I have tried this with several men assisting me and unless you are NFL lineman it won’t be a practical approach - it will be too heavy and too long. This contrasts with an extension ladder which while leaning against an object, e.g. the house, you can pull the rope to extend the ladder. That is the only practical approach to using the full length of a ladder.

These ladders are still great for what they do, which is in the folding configuration. I use mine regularly for that and love it.

Little Giants are made in the US and created this kind of ladder. Workman ladders are made in China. With the deals that can be had on Little Giants, I’d suggest waiting for the American made version.

Bought a different brand 17 foot multiconfiguration ladder at Menard’s this week on sale for 75 bucks. I like it, and you can’t beat that deal.

Hi, this is Chris and I am the manufacturer of Workman Ladders. Workman Ladder brand accessories are in the works but not available for purchase yet.

We have not tested whether or not other brand’s attachments work with our ladders but some of them may, depending on which attachment it is. Accessories such as work platforms, planks, and storage racks should work no problem. Other things like wall standoffs and leg levelers have not been tested so we cannot say whether or not they would work. Please follow up with any further questions!

Hi rpritch,

This is Chris, the manufacturer of Workman Ladders. With the advances in light weight technology that Workman Ladders has employed, these ladders are much more manageable than ladders from a decade ago!

Also, please note that many Little Giant ladders, including most of those sold on Woot, are made in China. Many of the deals you see are for the lower weight version (250lb rated) and/or refurbished ladders. These ladders from Workman Ladders are new and have a 300lb working load.

I’m no lineman and I’m vertically impaired, but I can handle the M-26 I have, which is even taller and heavier at 54#. What’s worked for me is to extend out the upper portion on the ground but leave the lower half in the shortened position. Raise it up against the wall, then unhook the rung and extend the lower inner half the rest of the way.

Alas, they stopped making them most of them in the US for several years now. :frowning: If you go to their online store, most of the ladders are footnoted as “Designed and engineered in the USA. Made in China.”

Chris,

How long has your company been around and what is the story of you starting the company? I don’t see the ladders on many places and it looks like a new venture.

It doesn’t matter nearly as much how strong you are as t does how tall you are.

A taller person will be able to place his/her hand at location on the ladder affording them better leverage. It’s the height of the user that makes a difference.

Also, proper technique. The little-giant YouTube videos detail the best techniques to use, to maximize your leverage. I can easily handle the 17 and the 22, even fully extending them, and breaking them down from full extension…all by myself.

But at 5’8" fully extending the 26 alone is not something I can do well because I just can’t place my hand high enough on the upper portion to control the folding of the fully extended upper part. Its minimum height is 6’4". Which means I can get my hand on only the lowestrung on its upper portion to control it. It’s center of gravity is coming down with a 5:1 mechanical advantage over the force I can exert. It’s coming down with such force that I am barely in control. I honestly don’t recommend the m26 to anyone shorter than me. …just get a plain old extension ladder. Because literally with the little giant’s 300lb rated m26, you literally have to ask yourself if you feel up to the task of catching a 75lb weight falling on you with one hand. Because that is the effective force when it comes down, mostly because of your hand placement. When I do attempt it by myself from full extension, I actually have to “aim” for a rung a few rings upas it’s falling. If I misjudge my hand placement, it is a violent affair.

A typical two-story house has its roofline too high up for the model 22 to allow you to get up onto the roof. You might be able to reach the gutters…but won’t be able to actually climb onto the roof.

Typical 8~9’ floors together with an additional 2~4’ above ground level for the front stairs implies typical 2 story rooflines are at roughly 18~22’ elevation, not considering any grading of the land. At a standard 1:4 lean, the model 22 ladder gives you a height of 18.4’. It sits on the gutters with only 5" to spare on a house with 8’ ceilings. Or just under the eaves, making it difficult to actually reach the gutter. If you have elevation changes , obviously your mileage will vary. Walk-out basements add height. Bushes and other obstructive landscaping around your house also puts the base of the ladder further out, reducing its effective length. Like I said, on our little cape cod…we had to bump up to a taller ladder.

Sounds like famous last words…‘‘and you can’t beat that deal’’ looks like you have one of those high price Menard’s…come on over to the one just across the river from Louisville , Kentucky and they will ‘‘beat that deal’’

17’ Multi Task Ladder Type 1A

Model Number: AMT017 | Menards® SKU: 5601179

:slight_smile:

$54.00

Everyday Low Price:$125.00
Sale Price:$74.00

Mail-In Rebate:$20.00
Your Final Price:$54.00

You Save: $71.00 After Sale Price & Mail-In Rebate

Sale Price Good Through 02-05-2017