Worx Lawn Care

I was just hoping my mower would last the rest of this year all the while I mowed last night. This Woot! Is awefully tempting though. Checked out some reviews of the mower and these are the notes I came away with…
http://www.amazon.com/WG718-19-Inch-Mulching-Discharge-Electric/dp/B001UQ70VA

Pros:
Very powerful motor handles deepest grass
Quiet
Mulching setting is excellent

Cons:
One-sided dead man’s switch requires two hands on mower (one review said compensated for this by tying the switch down)
Cord gets in the way
Internal replacement parts are not available
Directions for bag placement: confusing
Minimal bag capacity
Long ‘nose’ prevents edging around shrubs

Conflicting posts:
Some said easily maneuverable and light and another that it’s needlessly heavy

Aside from the one post citing an uneven cut and it bogging down in damp, thick grass this would appear to be a good mower for an open area lawn to mulch not bag. Been wanting an electric for my smallish lawn and the price on Woot!(>$100 cheaper than other site) will probably push me to try it out if I can bundle it with something else I ‘need’.

Bought the cordless blower from Woot last year. Still running fine. Great for the deck, around pool, and patio. Lasts about 20 min with a constant run. Charges quickly. I believe it was cheaper than this last time.

I have no idea about this particular brand/model, but corded electric motors are probably more “Manly”. Strong, silent, and they do not have to be coaxed back to life every time you shove them into situations too much to handle.

I never had used or thought much about them, until I used an old Sears electric to mow about 1-1/2 acres that had been neglected for about 2 years. The property was adjacent to hay fields and pasture, so it was roughly 3 feet tall and full of weeds. Amazing. No re-starting every time I pushed it too far or too fast, no re-fueling, little noise.

On the cord, if you pay attention to the professional cleaners, especially the floor buffers, you learn that cord management is fairly simple. I use the shoulder method. I already had some very long heavy duty extension cords for vehicle block heaters, so no cost there.

Landlord’s mower, or I would not have given that one up…

Does the blower include the battery and charger?

Yes, it certainly does include a 24-volt lithium battery and charger.

Ordered the Lawn Mower, Cordless Sweeper Blower, and 14-Inch 5.0-Amp Electric Grass Trimmer/Edger, Wheeled for less than I would have otherwise paid for the mower alone (much less lawn service for 2 months)! Can’t wait to get these and take care of my lawn! Don’t need no stinking lawn service (or a spouse, for that matter)! Definitely enjoying my divorce! Thanks Woot!

welcome back!
thanks as always for answering our customers’ questions!

“Full 19-inch deck”? That’s impressive! That’s bigger than a “full” 18-inch deck!

Seeing that the average walk-behind mower is 20 or 21 inches, I’d say the the Worx mower is not playing with a full deck.

Will battery from the blower (Worx WG565 24-Volt Lithium Cordless Sweeper Blower) work with 24-Volt trimmer?

I’ve got WG167 24v 2.0 Max Trimmer…

Are all Worx 24-Volt batteries the same?

… and growing facial hair and eating ten-penny nails for breakfast.

I know how you feel; I had the dilemma of matching my B&D 24V NiCd string trimmer or my various 20V+ Lithium systems; I went with Lithium, mixing my lawn care system, but at least I have far more fresh batteries available now.

Amazon says they’re compatible

Wait, forget that… Worx says they’re compatible!

I done good. :slight_smile:

I’m from Worx, and your 24v lith trimmer and this 24v lith blower have interchangeable batteries.

Thanks!

It seems to be cheaper to buy this blower with the battery than to buy an extra battery for my trimmer :slight_smile: