Worx TriVac Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum

Forgive me if I missed these questions and hopefully answers. Can you replace the plastic impeller for the metal one? Is this a job most of us can do ourselves? And lastly, if the replacement exists, does anyone have a site or part number for the metal one? I bought this last year and am happy with it. Thanks!

If you have a teen living with you, these are indispensable for clearing a path into the room… much better than my 2-cycle Echo which leaves the house a bit hazier.

That guy in the picture–I think he’s Frasier Crane’s dad, Martin.

Anyone know if this would pick up leaf debris on a gravel path without ending up with a bag full of gravel. I know this is a very specific question, but I am ok with speculation. Gravel is about 1/2" squareish.

Just got ours and had no issue cleaning the yard in roughly 30 minutes (although the leaves were gathered in one 8’x5’ or so area).

Still, I think a lot of the complaints people have had depend greatly on where you’re located and how big the job you’re doing is.

We’re on a typical suburban lot in coastal NJ, so just a small yard and there’s no real gravel or heavy stems/debris to deal with, just your garden variety (hurr durr) of leaves. If you keep an eye on the pile just to be sure you don’t try to grab a thick stem or the dog’s tennis ball, this machine does a fantastic job.

The blower seems more than powerful enough as does the vacuum and the pile I was working with has been sitting since last fall through all the wet weather the Mid-Atlantic coast is subject to.

Working with fresher, drier leaves, I anticipate it would be even easier to clear the area, but even with wet muddy ones and the occasional dog loaf, it never struggled once and the impeller seems to have taken no damage.

I dunno. I guess if you’re trying to do a huge, industrial job, I can see where you could do much better than a small consumer vacuum/mulcher, but as a family that loathes raking/bagging, I think you can do much worse based on first impressions under less-than-ideal conditions.