Woven Dobby Sheets

Hm. Actually I think “microfiber” is simply a new marketing code name for polyester (which is what these are made from).

As you note they’ve come up with ways to make microfiber materials soft and pleasing to the touch (as opposed to the “old” plasticky polys). However I’m not sold on anything but 100% cotton for sheets.

Herb Tarlick LOL! He’s a hero here in Cincinnati. You are showing your age.

There’s no way I want Dobby to sheet on my bed!

On the other hand, I’ve heard it’s interesting to fly three of these when it’s windy.

I was so sad to see these weren’t cotton. They would be a great price for cotton, but honestly I can get poly sheets for a few bucks brand new and they probably would feel just as crummy and last just as long.

Sheets that aren’t breathable are pointless. So next time I see egyptian cotton maybe I will snag a few but this just isn’t worth it for me.

Very glad I checked these comments. Prevented me from making an unfortunate (albeit cheap) mistake.

Thanks for all the feedback…not going to waste my precious money on these!

I don’t know about that - I love WKRP, despite not being born until long after it originally aired.

What these guys said.

Master has given Dobby a sheet set! Harry Potter (Dobby free) - YouTube

This came in today. They are horribly cheap. Will return and just donate.

These sheets are terrible. Started to fall apart after one washing, elastic lost it’s elasticity

Return trip back to Woot…

Worst sheets I’ve ever had! get’s caught on my watch and tore our threads, my feet also get snagged as well, keep in mind I’m a regular guy and these sheets just feel like fine sand paper. much rather go back to my 8 year old 800 count

I bought these, washed them, and placed them on my bed. They “died” on the first night: 1.As I crawled into bed, my fingernail grazed a pillowcase and caused a pull in the thread, 2.My husband’s heels caught on the fabric (a first for him) and caused another pull, and 3.The sheet shredded into a big hole in the middle while we slept. As these don’t hold up to PG-rated sleep, don’t expect any fireworks. (Cheers to Woot Cust Svc, who handled my complaint with excellence.)

Confirming that these are pretty terrible sheets; however, we kept them as they will work in a pinch if the laundry gets behind and I doubt you’d get much better for $25 king sized backup sheets. But I would not buy them again.

Yeah. Just another shoddy sheet owner checking in – these are not so great. They were fine at first, but all of the complaints are accurate. They get caught on everything, they pill like crazy and don’t hold up in the wash.

…probably should have sent these back.