Wrong item: dispute CC charge [Resolved]

So why did you delete your picture of the box it came it, which was not in bad shape, and definitely could have been taped up? Fortunately it was preserved in the reply I sent, trying to help you :wink:

You could get a full refund for returning it (and I bet they could have arranged UPS pick up from home, if you asked).
Or get $40 (or 20%) off and a $10 coupon, to keep it.

But it seems like you just want to keep an expensive product, for free, because of a mistake/mix-upā€¦??

(I also see you changed the title of the thread??)

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been changing the title as a way to bump the thread. Iā€™m happy to repost that pic, you are mistaken about taping that up. I deleted it so the thread is consolidated and more of a sticky type where others can share the same issue hopefully.
The product I got has a much lower value, as explained above. I am willing to keep the corded mower, donate it to charity but only at 43percent off retail. That is what I scored on the original order that I never got.

(VMod edit to fix a weird text issue.)

1 Like

Not understanding what the gripe is?
Donā€™t we all know not to tear into boxes like itā€™s a Christmas present on Christmas morning?

IMHO the woot staff is going above and beyond to try to please you, this isnā€™t Macyā€™s or Lord & Taylor.

Iā€™d have said yes please and thanks to the refund with a taped up returned box and the coupon.

Seriously do not think you can say youā€™re never going out again and you think they should pay for your time to drop off at UPS?

Maybe donā€™t shop online at all, woot or anywhere, is my advice to you.
Or. Just.
Be reasonable.

6 Likes

I :heart: this view in general but in this instance it does not apply. Thanks!

1 Like

Part of playing on Woot is to get great deals and you can! But regardless sometimes they make mistakes like everyone else. But they do try to correct things if you are not happy :ok_hand:. On one of our purchases they admitted that they no longer had the size in stock and sent me a pair of shoes :athletic_shoe: that didnā€™t fit and then they didnā€™t charge me either! So they were free! I know that they are Not Intentionally sending you the wrong ones are if nothing else Mortimer can always help :ok_hand::two_hearts:, just give them a try, but never give up on WootIt so you can continue to play fun :star_struck: games and get great :+1: deals to boot :boot: , just give Woot a chance :ok_hand::infinity::heart:

4 Likes

:pray: wisdoms

1 Like

Now itā€™s back up for sale, omg I am so conflicted!! I want to click it again and see if I score what I bought or not, oy!

Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Lawn Mower - $199.99 - Free shipping for Prime members Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Lawn Mower

1 Like

The plot thickens here is the one I received instead and that one is now only 114!

Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch Lawn Mower - $114.99 - Free shipping for Prime members Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch Lawn Mower

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! And thank you for sharing your great purchases and how much you really enjoy them. Here at the Woot team we aim to please and always love :heart: to hear what great deals you purchased and how fantastic they really are! So thank you from everyone on hereā€‹:heavy_heart_exclamation::two_hearts::monkey::two_hearts::gift_heart::infinity::key::monkey_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure you read the thread and are sure of my score? What I got is not what I bought. I still have a :two_hearts: for your post and agree on most points!! Thanks

1 Like

I went the credit card dispute route and it worked out. I would have preferred if I could have just been shipped the correct item. If you read this entire thread you will see that it came back up for sale again. Woot could not connect the dots for me.

1 Like

I ordered that mower. When it came it was too cold to mow here. We stored it in our new shed. Opened it up a few weeks ago & hubby saw that the model number on the mower is NOT the same as what we ordered. Good grief.
Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

1 Like

Hi there. Go ahead and reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form. Theyā€™ll have some options for you. If not, private message me.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

2 Likes