X Games Snowboard and Bindings Bundle

no its not, if you put it on wrong, you can ruin the board. i ski not board both have same screw system for the bindings, and i never try to do any major adjustments, such as anything that requires redrilling, myself.

the colors kind of show that too…

If you are a beginner looking for a cheap combo that will last you a year or two and female or a male under 5’6" and 160 lbs this would be a great start kit for you. Now go grab a cheap pair of boots for 60 bucks, you set. If you have any experience at all you would be better off going with a lower end Solomon board or middle grade Burton or something then a combo such as this with some decent Flow or Burton bindings. My current setup is my 3rd after 5 yrs of riding and I love it!! Solomon Official with 09 low back cartels and 32 boots awe like floating on clouds.

ummm its salomon.

People who know about snowboards can’t be on a budget and have wives who aren’t that into snowboarding? Excellent logic!

how do you know about snowboards AND not into snowboarding?

I didn’t mean to be illogical. It just seems like we don’t know a whole lot about the board, and it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to buy a random board that’s sort of sized right as an impulse buy. If you just want to try it out for a season, I think a lease might make more sense.

I also just like going to my local store because I like looking at things anyway, so maybe I’m just bias. To each his own. Won’t deny the price is killer.

YES YES YES!!!

Bought. Done.

Some linkies:

Snowboarding Tricks

Snowboarding Trick Definitions

Lotta stuff at snowboardingtricks.org

videos

I’ve been riding for 18 years, and I believe shorter boards can be better for freestyle…pipe, park, if you like to spin. I’m 6’ tall 170 lbs and love my Ride 156". Be careful about boot overhang though or you’ll be on you face.

whats overhang? when your boots are longer than the width of your board?

This is a sick deal! I recommend picking up some Flow bindings though, they will change your world. When I started snowboarding I had the chance to try them and it made things SO much easier.

yeah, these almost seem like they should be on kids.woot as well. I’m 6’1" 185lbs, and you’ll find me on a 164.

If you knew what you were looking for regarding snowboards, you sure as hell wouldn’t be looking at this abomination. This is not quality gear. Clearly, this isn’t going to be purchased by one who goes snowboarding regularly, as they would know to avoid it.

So for the novices out there considering it: stay away. Rent your gear, find the size that works for you, and buy your board/bindings in feb-apr when it all gets knocked down 50%. Check craigslist around that time for amazing deals. And in the meanwhile, check the frostyrider size guide and snowboarding forums to learn about what to look for. I recommend the trusnow.com forums which are pretty newb-friendly, and snowboardingforums.com.

i second that. but you should only rent your gear 2x max, since it is pretty expensive just so you know your size and what brand you want if any. and dont forget ski expos, they have great stuff

yep, thats what overhang means. When your’re carving and if your boot somehow touches the snow. expect yourself to fly about 5-10 ft. or thrash with your a$$.

Now about the board length. shorter boards are much preferred for the free stylers who enjoy doing jibs and such. I myself originally rode a 156.I’m 5’8 155lbs. Thats the recommended length. But after riding for 6 years. My preference are shorter boards. You lose stability with speed. But if you prefer busting out some tricks. Go with the shorter boards. oh forgot to mention. I ride a 148 with high flex. And I love it.

Modern snowboards, even cheapies, have threaded inserts in the deck so attaching the bindings really is as simple as inserting a screw and tightening it. There are actually multiple inserts allowing you to reposition the bindings to adjust stance width and angles. The only damage you could do is grossly overtightening and spining or pulling-out an insert. Also, some people with higher-end gear loosen the binding screws when the board isn’t in use because the constant pull can cause some small hollow spots in the base of the board i.e., “binding suck”.

I ride alpine gear (look here: http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/welcome_center.cfm), so can’t really comment on suitability of this Woot package, but $155 for a new wood core board with bindings seems like a decent alternative to rentals for a beginner. Then upgrade when you feel comfortable on the snow.

Overhang is going to happen most of the time. The problem is when your boots hit this snow. You can look at the angle you have to put the board at to have your boots hit the snow and see if it is possible for you to turn at that angle. If your board has to be 45° for your boots to hit the snow, you know there is no way that you can possibly turn your body to a 45° angle without falling anyways.

That being said, if your boots hang over 1/2 inch you are going to be fine. But if you have bigger feet (size 11 mens or higher) you are going to have to go with a wide board.

If you already have a setup and know how to put your board together, this is trivial. If you’re new to snowboarding, you’ll need to have someone with experience determine exactly where and in what direction the binding should be mounted. While pretty much anyone can screw binding to board, you’ll need to know what angle and spacing to use based on personal profile.

This is true. My friend got a new setup last year and he put them on without any direction. After he fell consistently going down the bunny hill, I realized he set it up in goofy stance. He did a little better when we set it up to a more beginner stance.

You may need some advice, but it is pretty easy. For normal stance, I set up the front at around 15° and back at around 0°. Most people will add a little on the back (like 6°) but I like it at 0. The guide below may help you. It gives settings for all types of stances, including learning stance.

Edit: Should have clarified, he set up the angles as goofy but was riding normal.