X-Mark 50-Pound Adjustable Dumbbell

Be warned Wooters, $99 only nets you ONE DUMBBELL. Don’t be dumb and think you’ll get two. For two you have to shell out $200.

I see that many people have mistakenly purchased thinking they’ll get two dumbbells. I don’t believe one third of people only need one dumbbell.
Always look at the specs before purchasing anything!

yes, it is true, you’re getting one (1) adjustable dumbbell.

good thing to keep in mind.

I can’t speak to this dumbbell specifically, but I purchased similar Gold’s Gyms dumbbells from Wal-Mart. On my set, you can adjust each side of the dumbbell independently, and increment in 5 lbs. I believe these work the same way, since there are tabs on both ends of the dumbbell. Understand though, the weight will be off-centered by doing so and could be a safety concern, which would lead the company to say they increment in 10 lbs. Just my thoughts.

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about “adjustable” dumbells. Mechanisms break and wear out causing the weights to slip off.

Better off buying a set of cast dumbells made of 1 piece.

I guess we’ll all just take your word for it. Reviews on multiple products say otherwise and not just this product. Buying a set of cast dumbbells will cost you a boatload more and will take up a consiserable amount of space. So while your little anecdote may or may not be true, there are plenty of reviews out there for this product and others like it that say just the opposite.

Where are you guys getting this only in 10lbs increment? I just checked Amazon and it states 9 settings of 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.

We received the info from the buyer.
The Amazon specifications might also be for the 25 lb adjustable dumbbell as well at the 50lb model.

If you watch the You-Tube video provided earlier you can also clearly see the adjustment increments being 10 lbs each.

If you only adjust one side, it will be a 5 pound increase/decrease. the weight will be slightly off balance, so you have to adjust your grip. it’s the same concept for the bowflex who claims 5 pound increments as well.