Xact M3X X-Linx Two-Way FRS Radio – 2 Pack

If it did not look so… er… whats the word I am looking for? rediculous? Then I might have bought it becuase I have been looking for a second set of 2-way radios, but… why couldnt they have just been regular radios??

I got one of these and I have tried 5 others . they all claims 2 miles distance. 1/2 miles is more realistic .

By the way, we bought these to monitor the baby until I read the health issue about radio signal.

When I was younger, these would cost 8x this amount. With the advent and popularity of the cell phone, these are rather obsolete. What’s the use?

Without a doubt the best use of the phrase “to put asunder” since my wedding vows a few years ago…

Well done woot, I may buy these simply to support Matthew and the rest of the Woot creative staff!

Hmm…Seemed interesting. Then I remembered I bought a similar set of these from some other site when they were on sale a few years ago, and they’re still sitting unopened in my closet. I have a ham radio license, I can do better than FRS :slight_smile:

Good night!

$31.64/pr on Amazon… no reviews though

no reviews on epinions or cnet either… :frowning:

i’m tempted tho…

If only i had someone to talk to with it :\

not for me.

Not bad, a fair cheap price.

BTW GMRS requires a FCC license, Cost is $75.
$50 application. $25 for 5 year license.

If you dont have license, fine is $10,000 for first offense.

Good luck :slight_smile:

22.99 on buy.com - not such a good deal to bust your nuts to buy this woot:(

This thing doesn’t have privacy channels, does it? Voice activation would be awesome, tho…

Great for keeping track of the spouse on a cruise ship!

These things are always so much to play with if you go on a trip.

And I got a similar walkietalkie from Wal-Mart a few years ago for about $10 more for the two, so the price is somewhat decent.

No CTSS codes… That makes them pretty useless in crowded areas (ski resorts, etc.)

–Bill

Yupp, I saw that too.

Not a bad woot, but the 2 mile range is killing it for me. Primarily because it’s 2 miles AT BEST. In other words, you’re limited to about a mile in most uses.

But, the price is right, as Woot generally delivers :slight_smile: Keep up the deals!

I will use these in my motorcycle helmets if I can make room inside. Cool woot.

Uh…

Am I to guess that the weight of THREE AAA BATTERIES is going to hang around my earlobe???

Dont think so…

:wink:

Do they come with the $84 FCC license for using GMRS?

Yes, they are. My team uses radios sometimes, when they are working.

I’m kinda confused, but I always am anyway.

Do you get two radios? Or two sets of radios?

Usually when you go and buy two way radios at say walmart, you do get two radios in a package.

I already bought it, so it doesn’t really matter, but yea.

Thanks.